Confession

Chapter 14

(Y/n) POV
I stilled, felt my eyes widen, my breathing stopped for a long moment.

No...this can't be happening...Why do bad things always happen to me?

"(Y/n), calm down, don't cry...don't cry!" I kept telling myself.

My hand started shaking as I stared blankly at them. I couldn't believe my own eyes.

No no no! How could this happen? Why was Jake with this bitch?!

I could literally feel my heart pounding against my chest. I took in deep breaths, trying to calm myself down, unfortunately, to no avail. Tears that had yet to come burned my eyes.

"Jake...How could you..." My lips trembled, saying it in a shaky voice.

"Uh...well, you said you didn't want to kiss me..." Jake replied sulkily.

"WE'RE DONE!" I slammed the door shut.

"OK FINE!" Came Jake's muffled reply.

I turned to Dylan and tears blurred my vision.

"Dylan, I have to go, you can just leave without me..." I stifled a sob. I didn't dare to look at him, afraid that he would see me cry.

Without even waiting for a response, I turned and ran blindly.

"(Y/n)! Hey! Where are you going?" Dylan chased after me.

No reply.

I needed to run somewhere where Dylan couldn't find me. Running as quickly as my legs could carry me, I bolted down the hallway like an Olympic champion at the start gun; quickening my pace to an all out sprint.

Soon, I started sobbing and wiping my tears off my face with my sleeve. I bet Dylan saw my crying but I couldn't bother about what he thought of me at that point of time. I swung open the door with a surprising amount of force and dashed into the dark, empty classroom.

Backing into the corner of the room, I slid along the wall as I plopped onto the ground. I pulled my legs up tight against my body as tears flowed down my face. I shrank back against the wall and closed my eyes, wishing I could wake up from this terrible, terrible dream.

I sat there for several moments, too overwhelmed to move.

Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps running outside, maybe towards the classroom. I gingerly lifted my chin. Dylan. He was right outside, scanning each room, searching for me as he called out my name.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Where are you?" He shouted frantically.

Go on, please don't come in! Please don't come in! and that was when I made a huge mistake of making eye contact with him.

Fuck.

My eyes were probably puffy and red and Dylan saw me like that!

God (y/n) why do you have to be so dumb?

Even though I knew he saw me, I still made the move to lower my head so that the darkness could hide my face, breaking our eye contact. This was when I heard a loud 'bang!'.

Dylan rushed into the classroom and pushed the door open with all his might. It slammed hard against the wall. I flinched at the loud slam, jumping in surprise. Acting on my instincts, I tried to turn away, not wanting him to see me looking like a mess. But I wasn't fast enough. Too late, Dylan had reached me. Before I knew it, he was already by my side.

Dylan's POV
I knew from when (y/n) went out that there was something wrong. Despite her attempt to hide her emotions, her face had gave it all away.