Dylan VS Jake (pt.2)

Chapter 12

Dylan POV
I stood in the boys locker room, changing into my sports attire for Lacrosse.

I just still can't make myself believe that they were dating...my hatred for Jake couldn't be described with words. That smug look he gave me when he was with (y/n). He clearly knew I liked her but purposely did this to make me angry.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming in my direction and the person stood there. I turned my head.

Urgh...Jake.

I looked him right in the eye with a cold glare.

"What do you want?!" I bellowed, leaning against the wall and folding my arms.

"Dylan O'Brien ...you better watch out! I'm telling you, don't you interrupt (y/n) and I, or else...you're going down! She's mine and you'll never get her!" Jake threatened, scowling with contempt.

"Look, I don't wanna start a fight but you have to know the basics. (Y/n) is my best friend, there's no way you'll break us, you better not do anything bad to her, or you'll be the one going down!" I warned.

"I'm gonna give you this one chance, you do this again and we all know what'll happen." Jake jabbed his finger at my chest, before he turned and strode towards the field, leaving me standing there, fists clenched tightly together.

- Time skip -

We all gathered at the field, prepared to play an intense game like usual. My team versus Jake's. I'm gonna beat his ass.

PEEP!

Coach Finstock blew the whistle. Both the girls' and boys' team started playing their respective games.

I started with the ball. I ran across the field, dodging incoming players with ease.

Then, Jake came running towards me. Both of us were kind of the best players on the team, but today, I needed to show him who was actually the best. Coach Finstock was also looking in my direction, urging me impress him. I purposely tricked him by moving right, then I turned 180° to the left, a really smooth move. Jake missed me, stumbling, almost losing his balance. I smirked, but it was hidden behind the helmet I wore.

Now who's the best huh?

But suddenly, Jake turned back. Just as Coach Finstock walked away to... I have no idea where...He swung his stick with all his might down at my leg, a sharp pain shot through my leg. I lost my centre of gravity, crashing to the ground with a loud thud. It was as if time had frozen right there and then. Every minute, every second of it played in slow motion.

The moment I hit the ground, the game came to a stop. Just a few scrapes and scratched, not that big of a deal, but...it was Jake who caused it, making it a really big deal.

"Hey Dyl— Balls! You ok?" Tyler dashed towards me. [J: SOB originally wrote "D-balls! You ok?" N I'm like wth?! ||SOB: I think that's actually what Tyler Posey calls Dylan in real life. But Just leave it lol.||J: U MEAN D-BALLS? OR D?]

But before he could reach me, I immediately scrambled to my feet, enduring the pain. I nodded to him, then stomped towards Jake, shoving him hard.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jake? Why'd you do that?" I screamed at him, each word ripping my throat raw.

The field was filled with tension. The games had come to a stop.

"What the hell is your deal! What did I do?" Jake shouted back, shoving me back.