Together

Chapter 10

(Y/n) POV
Holy crap! Jake...likes me? No way! Did I read it wrongly?

I rubbed my eyes and read it once more.

Still the same.

What the hell?! Jake likes me! Oh my god... oh my god! Jake! I'm talking about Jake! The Jake! This is not true... I am dreaming.

I froze, not believing what I was seeing. I just stared at the paper with wide eyes, feeling like I couldn't breathe for that moment. I could literally explode right now.

I pinched my arm to make sure I AM dreaming. "Ouch!" Ok. I'm NOT dreaming.

Like... I really wanted to say yes but what would my parents, my friends, and the whole school and especially Dylan think about me if the news spread? I don't want to be gossiped about or anything but... I liked Jake too. I mean, I still kinda like Dylan though, but Jake already asked me, I don't think I should reject him, I kind of like him too... What should I do about it? Seriously, I'm like ranting in my head now...

I slipped the piece of paper in my pocket, grabbed my goggles and slammed my locker door, my mind still occupied on how I should reply Jake later when I meet him...

"Ahh!! OH MY GOD!" I screamed in a shrill voice and jumped, nearly dropping my goggles.

The moment my locker door slammed shut, a large figure leaning right beside my locker appeared before my eyes.

For a brief second, everyone in the hallway turned to stare at me, awkward silence hanging in the air.

Please stop looking at me! This is so embarrassing!

Everything immediately resumed to normal once all of them realised that it was just an unpopular girl screaming her lungs out in the hallway. Nothing interesting. Nothing at all.

The next moment, the boy immediately covered my mouth, or rather, half of my face, with his soft big hands.

"Sshhhh! It's me! Jake! Please don't cause a scene!" Jake tried to "calm" me down.

I pushed his hand away from my mouth and shot him a glare.

"Of course I know it's you, Jake! Did you really have to do that?" I rolled my eyes and shoved him gently.

"Haha! You should've seen how scared you were! But yes, it was necessary..." Jake joked.

Then his tone immediately became more serious, "So...yes or no?"

Jake took one step closer and his body and mine were just inches apart.

"Yes! Of course!" I exclaimed, nodding my head profusely as I smiled the brightest I could.

As I expected, both of us hugged each other tightly as I buried my head in Jake's firm chest. Everytime I inhaled, I could smell his scent, and something about it just made it so comforting and warm.

We continued to hug each other in the crowded hallway, not having a single care in the world of what others thought of us...

Dylan POV
Chemistry... experiments... study... lab partner?

I can't help but let out a deep sigh.

Although Tyler was my really good friend, him being my lab partner wasn't as fun as (y/n). I really wish (y/n) could be my lab partner again. It was just... so fun and exciting to do experiments with her. She was always really clumsy with the apparatus and it's so cute and I would just laugh at her struggle. And I remember the first day of school, during Chemistry lesson... and that's how we became best friends! I really miss her being my lab partner and tablemate...