Studying

Chapter 28

(Y/n) POV
It was the time of the final exam, the one that determined my college and possibly my future. I had a goal. I wanted to go to the top school in the city, West Minister College. Coincidentally Dylan was too. It was nearly impossible to get into the school though, with my miserable results. Dylan was definitely getting into that college effortlessly. I needed him to help me.

"Dyl, will you be okay if we have a study session sometime since finals are coming soon?"

"Uh yeah, of course!"

"Um..." I stuttered.

"Tonight? My house?" He insisted, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Mhm. Sounds great!" I hummed, nodding my head in approval.

- Time skip -

I strolled down the familiar path, hugging my heavy textbooks to my chest, a bag slung at my shoulders. I had so many things that it couldn't even fit in my bag. The walk to Dylan's house was the most exhausting one ever, the heavy weight of my study materials pulling me down.

I pressed on the doorbell, only to see a smiling Dylan leaning against the door frame. He cocked his head sideways, breaking into a welcoming smile, the dimples in both his cheeks shining through.

"Heyy!"

"Sup Dyl. Thanks for letting me join you!"

"Yeah, of course! Please, come in, your majesty." Dylan swept his hand across the room, bowing his head as if imitating a servant. He was barely able to contain his fits of laughter while doing so.

"You're such a bad actor, you know?" I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him. I headed up the stairs, with him following suit behind me. Soon, we were back in his room again. My second time there.

Dylan went to his study desk, already twirling a pen in his hand as he scribbled some words while I dropped my textbook on his table, throwing my bag onto the ground and let out a tired groan. The weight on my shoulders and arms was finally off. It felt so good to be free from carrying the stupid books that weighed a tonne.

I plopped onto the chair and joined Dylan. He lifted his head, his chocolate orbs locking with mine. "Okay, let's study. Just tell me if you have any questions. I'll help."

I quietly nodded, flashing him a polite smile.

I whipped out my extra thick Math textbook, slamming it onto the table. I settled down beside him and flipped open to my worst chapter. I held onto my pen, constantly fiddling with it and clicking it as I read through my notes.

"Dyl, how does this work again?"

"Dyl, how do you solve this question?"

"Dyl, what does this even mean?"

Multiple questions were hurled at Dylan as he tried desperately to answer them. I felt really bad for him, having to explain the concepts to me almost every two minutes. Yes...I kept track of my questions. I was disrupting him from his own work and I knew he couldn't concentrate on his notes with me ceaselessly buzzing beside him.

Roughly two hours passed, my neck was starting to have an aching sore. I tilted my head, stretching it as I shot up from my seat.

"Urgh...my neck hurts. I'm taking a break. Can I lie on your bed for a sec?" I asked politely. Dylan still had his eyes focused on his textbook. He simply nodded and replied with a 'yes'.

I sat at the edge of his bed, staring at him, concentrated on memorizing the formula. The angle I was looking from made him look so hot. My neck continued to ache, I rubbed it, squeezing it before leaning back, lying horizontally on the soft bed. My strained body relaxed, my head sinking into the pillow. "Ahhh. This feels so much better! I guess I really needed this break." I let out an exhausted groan.