Prom

Chapter 32

(Y/n) POV
During the exam period, time seemed to crawl. I prayed each day, hoping my torture would end.

Now, I was finally free from the hands of exams and studying. Finally! About time!

It was also coming to the end of the school year and the most important event for the seniors was coming—prom. Something that I dreamt about since freshman year, hoping that one day, I would find someone who could go to prom with me. It was going to come true!

I counted down each day, and the day finally arrived. The day of prom.

Malia, Lydia and I had decided to meet up after school to get ready for it, while Teresa had went back home to get her outfit, which was still a mystery. We went to my house and started the preparation. Lydia and Teresa had decided to go for prom together since they didn't have a male partner. Many guys asked Lydia to prom, but sadly, all got rejected heartlessly.

"Okay, our last and most important event. Prom." Malia breathed out, settling down tons of makeup and her dress on my table. Lydia followed.

I grabbed mine from the closet. I spent a whole day with my friends just to pick out a cute but formal dress for the event. Lydia picked it out for me, she just had the best fashion taste. I loved it.

"Okay, let's start! Come on! Time is ticking! We have until 6 to do it! Prom starts at 7."

First, we decided to put on each of our dress.

Lydia, had a round neck lace and short black prom dress, the upper part covered with light grey flowers, a light grey belt complimenting her waist and black lace at the bottom. God, she was good at this.

Malia chose a navy blue quinceanera dress with a blue flower sewn onto the right strap of the dress. I'm quite sure Tyler would blush the shade of a tomato.

I wore an off shoulder short light purple lace dress, with shiny beads and sparkles at the waist. I picked out the dress especially for Dylan, knowing he'll like me wearing it as his favorite color was purple.

I decided to wait for Malia and Teresa to do their makeup first. I was the only one who didn't really know how to apply makeup as I was the 'sporty one'.

The two of them whipped out their brushes of all kinds, big and small, thick and thin, while I stared blankly at them. With skilled strokes, they applied different layers of makeup and colors on their faces. Once they were done, they all looked incredible. My mouth dropped open at the amazing result.

How were they so good at this?

"Your turn!" Lydia squeaked.

Malia pressed me down onto a chair, her hands rested on my shoulders while Lydia grabbed the makeup items.

"First, foundation."

They applied the foundation and some other stuff that I didn't know about. It felt as if they were fixing my face.

"Okay, next..."

After rounds of makeup, I was finally done. Malia and Lydia high-fixed each other triumphantly, flashing satisfied smiles. My heart hammered in my chest, eager to see myself. I was brought to the mirror. I stared at a barely recognizable girl in the mirror, gob-smacked. I was speechless. Wow...I didn't know makeup was so powerful. Or maybe it's just that I wasn't used to putting on makeup. The makeup also perfectly fit my purple dress, like it was a purple theme. A purple gradient eyeshadow that was meticulously applied, black eyeliner, pink cheeks and bright red lipstick. This felt exactly like the time they helped me prepare for my first date with Dylan.