The Date

Chapter 21

(Y/n) POV
"Love is like a virus, it can happen to anybody at anytime."

This week has been really dramatic and eventful and it was stressing me out. Well at least it was all over and these few days have been relatively normal and pretty okay. What had been occupying my mind was the date. Just thinking about made adrenaline rush through me.

"Heyy! You're going on a date with Dyl today huh?" Malia nudged me with her elbow as she smirked mischievously.

"Yeah...how did you know?"

"T-pose told me. Anyways, I'll meet you at your house after school with Lydia and Teresa. We're gonna help you with that. See ya!"

For the rest of the dreaded school day, I couldn't even think straight, always drifting off about you know what. The morning had passed so slowly and it seemed like forever. Every second seemed an eternity.

By the time I survived until the last lesson, I kept looking up at the ticking clock.

Thirty more minutes...twenty...fifteen...ten...five...one...

RING!

I jumped out of my seat and slung my bag on my shoulder with much effort. I hugged my books and approached Dylan, who was still keeping his stuff. We headed for the locker together, to put all our textbooks and worksheets in. School was stressful.

"Ahhhhh! Finally done! Let's go home!" I groaned, slamming my locker door with what little energy I had left.

Dylan nodded with a soft smile. The two of us walked home side by side in silence, none of us mentioning anything related to the upcoming special event this evening.

As we strolled to my front door, Dylan finally spoke, "I'll see you later (y/n/n)!" Then he winked, waving his hand at me.

"See you Dyl!" I chirped.

Okay, now, time to wait for my friends to come and help me out...

- Time skip -

KNOCK KNOCK! RING!

"Coming!" I yelled.

I scurried to the door full of excitement.

"Heyy guys!" I squeaked.

"Hi!" The three girls exclaimed.

Malia, Lydia and Teresa entered the house and we made our way to my room.

"Okay. Let's do this! We need to get you prepared! What a special occasion!" Malia clasped her hands sassily.

"Oh gosh, we really need to do something about you so that we can make this work!" Lydia face-palmed herself,exasperated.

I purposely rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay! Let's start!" Teresa added.

The three of them went three ways. Malia went to my closet to pick out some clothes, Lydia went to her bag to gather all her make-up while Teresa pulled out her phone to show me some pictures of my preferred look.

"Uh...how about this? I think Dylan probably would go for this kind." Teresa pointed at the picture in her phone.

"Yeah sure, I don't know anything about make up anyways...just do whatever..." I waved my hand at her.

Malia strolled towards me, holding a red dress that had been sitting in my closet for I don't even know how long.

"I kind of like this one! And I'm guessing Dyl will love it! How about this, (y/n/n)?" Malia asked.