Regret

Chapter 24

Dylan POV
What had I just done? I fucking messed everything up. It was all my fault.

My heart broke into a million pieces as I buried my head in my hands, my hands gripping onto my head. I couldn't believe that I just lost the girl loved. I just threw away the most perfect person in my life. Now she was gone. I lost the most precious thing I loved.

Broken and lost, I stood outside (y/n)'s house as I allowed the tears that had accumulated in my eyes to flow freely. The tears escaped my eyes in streams, like a flowing river. I couldn't control it, no matter how hard I tried. My heart shattered into a million pieces and it was impossible to fix it. It felt as if my whole world had fallen apart. My legs gave way. I dropped onto the ground, a feeling of regret and hatred for myself burned in me. I punched the ground with my fist over and over again, loathing myself for what I had caused.

(Y/n) POV
That night, I tossed and turned on my bed, unable to sleep. My mind was occupied with the heart wrenching images of what I witnessed in the earlier part of the day. I just couldn't get them out of my head.

The next day, I had faked sick, acting like I was coughing and sneezing. I was sick though, mentally, after the incident. I couldn't face Dylan, I didn't want to see him. It had worked successfully. My mom had let me stay in for the day so that I could rest and "recover". I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling as the incident yesterday came flooding back into my mind. The familiar sadness flowed through my veins and deadened my mind. It was a poison to my spirit, dulling me, killing off my other emotions until it was the only one that remained. I let out a shaky breath as my tears soaked into the pillows once again.

- Time skip -

It was the second day that I absented myself from school. The plan was working great and it gave me time to get over the bad moments. Good thing was that mom hadn't found out about it yet. However, my phone exploded with messages, constantly vibrating and ringing noisily.

———
Young 'Men' :D
Yesterday

Lia
Hey
(Y/n/n)
Y didn't u come to sch today?

Teresa
R u ok? :((

Lia
R u sick?

Lyd
Ya (y/n/n) do u hav a fever?
(Y/n/n)??
Come online pls
We r worried :(

Teresa
(Y/n)???
Pls reply when u c this n rest well :((

Today

Me
Yea just some fever
Don't worry :)

Lia
Ahh
Ok
Gws

Lyd
Ohh
Gws
Luv ya ttyl I gotta go practise

Teresa
Finally u replied man
Rmbr to eat well sleep well n eat meds ah
Gtg I aso needa prac =3=

Me
Haha k

Lia
I'll give u ur hw n notes when u get back?
Or I should I go to ur house?

Me
Nvm I'll just get it when I get back soon

Lia
Kk
Gws
<33

Me
Haha ttyl

———
Dyl <3
Yesterday

Are you okay?
Are you still mad at me?
It was a misunderstanding!
Please let me explain? In person?
Hello?
Why didn't you come to school today?
What's wrong?
Please reply!
I'm seriously worried about you!