The Plan

Chapter 29

(Y/n) POV
"Lia, so...how's it going with you and T-pose?" I asked in a conversational tone, hoping that Malia and Tyler are getting closer.

"You won't believe what happened! T-pose literally confessed to me recently! I'm so happy! We're officially together!" Malia squealed in excitement, unable to contain her exhilaration.

I pretended to act sad, pouting my bottom lip,"Why didn't you invite me to see it! I missed the fun!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! T-pose made it a surprise anyways, how was I supposed to know? Plus you're so busy with Dyl."

"You know Prom's coming soon right? You and T-Pose can go together! I can't wait to see how he'll ask you!" I immediately changed the topic as she started to tease me.

Dylan's POV
"Yo Dyl! I've got some great news! Malia and I are official!"

"Dude! Nice! Congrats man! How long have you had a crush on her? Since what? Freshman year? That's pretty long."

"Yeah, and I finally did it! Anyways, D-balls, can you do me a favor? I wanna ask Lia to prom today." Tyler lowered his voice a little, hoping that he wasn't too loud to be overheard.

"Yeah, of course! Anything for my bro!"

(Y/n) POV
Ding! A notification appeared on my phone, lighting up the screen.

———
T-pose
Today

Hey! Can you do me a favor?

Yeah, whats up?
Btw, congrats!
You and Lia are a couple now huh?
I'm so happy for you guys.
You wanna know a secret?
Lia's been having a crush on you since like...Freshman year? I think?

Oh really?
Wow!
Thanks!
Oh yea, so I'm planning to ask Lia out to prom today after school.
Can you...help to bring her to me?
I wanna make it a huge surprise!
Dyl's helping me too!
Just meet us at the school exit.
See you guys there!

Awww!
That's so sweet of you!
Ok, I'll make sure she's there!
See ya dude!

Thanks so much! I owe you one! :)

———

I stared at the exchange of text messages, glad that Tyler was such a sweet guy. Looks like Malia found the right person. If only Dylan could also do that...

"What are you smiling at?" Malia peered at my phone, bewildered. That instantly jarred me from my thoughts.

"Um...uh...nothing!" I shut my phone down, immediately stuffing it into my pocket.

"Okay? Why so sneaky?" Malia asked in a disbelieving tone.

"It's nothing! I always smile to myself for no reason!"

Wow, (y/n) what a great excuse! I'm sure Malia fell for that!

I internally kicked myself for saying something to stupid. I could only hope I didn't ruin it.

- Time skip -

I pulled Malia's hand, eagerly dragging her to the location we were appointed to. I was so looking forward to the surprise Tyler planned for her. Even Dylan was involved.

"Why are you in such a rush?"

"I walk fast." Another lame excuse.

As we rounded the corner and pushed the door open, we came to a sight of Tyler and Dylan. Tyler stood right in front of Malia, a red heart-shaped balloon floated in the air as Tyler held onto the string.

Dylan stood behind, holding a huge sign with the words 'Will you go to prom with me?' while he exclaimed, "To the sweetest girl, will you go to prom with T-pose?" Malia jumped up right on the spot, covering her mouth as she squealed in excitement and pounced on Tyler, hugging him. "YES T-POSE! OF COURSE!"

I felt so happy for the couple but deep inside, a feeling of disappointment and sadness overwhelmed me. Maybe a tinge of jealousy too because Dylan said that Malia was 'the sweetest girl'. But I knew it wasn't his fault and he still loved me, Tyler told him to say that, however I just didn't like the sound of that. My smile faltered a little as I stood awkwardly beside the two. Dylan locked eyes with me, making eye contact. I spun on my heel, averting his gaze as I had my back facing him.

I heard the sound of him putting the sign down and the shuffling of footsteps.

"You okay?" Dylan whispered into my ear, his warm breath tickling my ear.

I folded my arms in slight annoyance. "No..." I knew I was exaggerating but a part of me just wanted to be stubborn.

"Aww. Why? Weren't you happy like a second ago?"

"Not until you said Malia was 'the sweetest girl'." I added extra emphasis to the last three words.

Dylan heaved a sigh at my overemphasis, "You're mad at me because of that?"

"Well...you're my boyfriend. So...isn't that a little inappropriate?"

"Oh come on! T-pose made me say it! Don't be mad, please! You get mad over the smallest things." Dylan tried reasoning with me.

"Hmph! I'll forgive you on one condition." I acted angry, try hard to resist laughing.

"What?"

"You have to say that you're mine and you'll only have me and no one else. And also that I'm the sweetest and prettiest girl you've met and you'll be with me forever!" I teased, a daring stare present in my eyes.

"(Y/n/n), seriously? I'm not gonna say that. That's stupid."

"Do you want to be forgiven or not? This is your only chance. I'll give you 5 seconds."

"Urgh..."

"Five..."

"Oh come on! Stop with your little games!"

"Four..."

"I'm not saying it!"

"Three..."

"No way."

"Two..."

"Nuh-uh"

"One..."

"Nope."

"Ze—"

"(Y/n), I'm yours and I have only you, no one else! You're the sweetest and prettiest girl in the whole world. I'll stay with you forever! I love you so much!" Dylan announced loudly, in the most dramatic way possible.

I chuckled, unable to control myself as I breathed between my hysterics.

Dylan held my hand, putting mine in two of his. "Now, can you forgive me?"

"Not until you ask me to prom!" I shook my head wildly as I playfully skipped away, towards the path home, ditching Tyler and Malia.

Dylan chased me from behind. "I'm definitely not doing that!"

Within seconds, Dylan caught up, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, taking me by surprise as he lifted me off the ground.

I let out a shocked scream, giggling.

"Dyl! You're not forgiven!"

Dylan gently put me down, allowing me to stand up properly.

"(Y/n/n), no more messing around! Why are you so hard to satisfy? You're killing me!" Dylan chortled.

"I'm insatiable! Okay, okay, I'll stop, but one last condition: carry me home." I requested.

"That, I can do. C'mon, time to go back to your castle princess."

Once again, he swept me off the ground, lifting me up with both of his muscular arms effortlessly, making his biceps even more obvious than it already was.

"Let's go, my prince!"