|House mouse|

0 3.    H o u s e   m o u s e

"The class is dismissed." He declared as he walked out of the space, freeing the students to resume their long-left conversations again, but now the topic of discussion was that professor who grabbed the headlines in the entire university, I supposed.

The minute he stepped out of the classroom and the minute I exited from the daydreaming session, I lifted my head only to see the hordes of begrudging girls surrounding me. Every girl, I hadn't seen for a long time was enclosing me like bees humming in the vicinity of flowers.

"What did he say?" The desperate one asked me scornfully.

"He asked her out, will that answer your question? Now, give us some air to breathe." Nari pushed the cluster of impatient girls to the side.

We swarmed out of the claustrophobic place very quickly.

Jimin followed us from behind, faking to chew a piece of gum. He ran his hand through his quiff in full-on attitude.
"Compose your concentration to studies only. That will make your future bright for sure and this guy will not." He pressed the word and the girls scoffed in reaction.

****

We were sitting in our second class of most tiring subject i.e. Macroeconomics.

"Gosh! I will make it a point to attend all his classes regularly. " Nari blurted out lowly.

"Get a move on Nari, he's such a shrewd and cruel man. Haven't you observed his traits when he gave such a lame introduction about himself? So mean." Jimin disgusted.

"I can see a jealous Jiminie right now. But hey, your eyes are great and smile is gorgeous too but not overbearing like his." She snapped at the last part of the sentence.

"Will you guys stop it? I'm out of here." I shouted as I got up from my seat angrily. The infuriated professor gestured me to leave the classroom.
I made headway with heavy footsteps.

What on earth is happening to these girls? The boys are also leading the race. Is he an angel or something? There's no denying fact that he's handsome but why is everyone getting so much obsessed about him? I headed out to the parking lot, at a tremendous speed.

Just as I was about to insert the key in the door of my minivan, someone tapped on my shoulder. I muttered without looking at the person, assuming it to be a random girl with the same question. "Wait. Let me guess, you are here to know what that hot professor said to me right?"

"Okay, you don't want to answer. That's absolutely fine." I blabbered, not caring to look at the identity of the person.

"He asked me to die." I pivoted lazily and was completely taken aback. I instantly covered my mouth with my hand and my back hit the hard surface of the vehicle. To my surprise, the devil himself appeared in front of me.

Prof.V
What is doing in here?

"Who asked you to die? And.. and why  are you leaving so early, I suppose you have two more classes left as per Monday's schedule, huh?" He scrutinized my pale-confused face.

"I'm feeling a bit low, so I decided to go back home to take some rest in particular." I forced a humorless laugh.

"It's strange though, I mean who feels sick on the very first day of their college?" He narrowed his eyebrows in concern, looking elsewhere.