|The slip of the scarf|

2 5.  T h e   s l i p  o f  t h e  s c a r f

:Jungkook's last cameo.

I was overwhelmed, never really thought of my mother's sudden approval of his evictable proposal. I repeat I will be staying with him for four days in the woods. How exciting it is? Well, of course, his friends will be there to keep an eye on us and our itsy bitsy activities.

The idea of knowing each other couldn't get any better than this. Finally, I'll utilize this time to clear out all my queries related to his family, school, and relationships with other women, if only he had any.

I took along a small drum bag in which I had stuffed a couple of freshly washed tee's (I had put extra detergent powder while washing them so that they give out the fragrance of fruits) a pair of tata printed pj's, and a tiny vanity box hiding the mesmerizing blood orange lipstick, fake eyelashes, and a bronzer, for a tad bit of dusky touch up to steal his heart when we'll dance the night away.

It was 7 o'clock, Jongi was doing his homework in the drawing-room, I was panicking as to how to make my way out without him noticing my escape. Mom was talking to someone on the phone sitting on the seat not too far away from Jongi.

I tiptoed and even held my breath making my way out of the room. I shot a flying kiss at mom as she caught me moving on my toes secretly.

She signaled me to call her when I reach the destination, and I nodded in response.

Pushing the door lightly, I jumped on the other side of the world. Exhaling a harsh breath after storing it in my mouth for an eternity I supposed.

The sky was loosing its blue, becoming dark in color with no sheet of stars to beautify the sky.

I was pacing around outside my home, V promised to come to my place in ten minutes. I still had enough time to recall the one on one conversation that I had with father at the hospital this morning.

Flashback

"The doctors are saying that you will be back on your feet very soon." I smiled, fixing the quilt.

His head was being covered by white clean cloth by a nurse, who had a sharp nose and light algae color eyes.

He gave a small smile, holding my hand in a loving manner. It showed that I've become big. Now, they are my responsibility. Was I ready for this?

Everything happens unplanned in life. You have to compromise and spot out the characteristic in yourself that would help you to overcome every problem readily. And I was still on the shaky ground, these positive points thunked on my mind.

"And the police are still searching for the culprit. He didn't leave any trances behind even the CCTV was found broken in the trash. Who the heck was this boozer?" I clutched his hands tighter."

He gently pressed my head to his not-so-muscular chest. "Father loves you." He mumbled in my ruffled hair.

My heartbeat stopped for once, a new attachment was being built. It took soo long for those three words to leave such a deep impact on my heart, seeing it happening now I felt like to freeze this moment forever, especially coming from my father's side was something really good.

•••

Water filled my eyes, I began to sniff in another minute. Someone extended me a handkerchief, I couldn't see his features as it was dark in there. He finally came in the light.