|Blood, Body, Brother|

0 5. B l o o d, b o d y, b r o t h e r

Taehyung

I closed my eyes.

Once upon a time, the room resounded with cheers, claps, and unstoppable laughs. My brother and I were invited to a birthday party of the head boy of our school, who was a very good friend of my brother. But I rather chose not to attend his party because I had to take a mock test in a week. So I just went there to pick up him.

My brother was only two years elder to me. He had a jovial, fun-loving, carefree nature unlike mine, who had only tasted the flavor of books, books, and books. I had always been a studious one in comparison to my brother. We were like poles apart only in this particular respect or else we enjoyed each other's company like really good and compatible siblings.

"Look, who's here? A prodigy of academics, who's consistently bringing accolades and adding credit to our school's reputation?" The head boy approached me, wearing a wide smile on his square-shaped face.

"Many many happy returns of the day to you." I extended my hand for a firm handshake.

"Anyways, I saw your brother going to the terrace. He will be back soon, till then please enjoy the party." He said and left the place in a blink of an eye.

I turned around to look out for my brother, I could hardly move as the place was overstuffed with the students of our school. The juniors could be seen sneakily making their way to the bar counter that was set up in one corner of the room.

Suddenly I bumped into a girl, who was wearing a denim jacket with a pair of rugged jeans. So different apparel from the other girls, who had their cocktail dress hugging their bodies. Somebody pushed me from behind and I instinctively placed my hands on the walls, trapping her in the middle.

She slightly pushed me away, groaning in annoyance. She was drunk. The reek of alcohol mixed in her breathing was now reaching my nostrils.

My face flustered as she placed her hands on my chest. I've never been this closer to any girl in my life. The only purpose for which girls came near me was for taking extra notes and that's it.

"This trick ain't work with me prince charming." She ducked her head down and was out of my sight.

And that was Kim Dasom.

I sat on the couch in the corner of the room and out of the blue, someone tapped me on my shoulder. The other guy took my spectacles off, he flung it high up in the air, and then the former one started playing with my hair, smacked my head very often too. Hence, the young shouted a group of boys surrounded me and in order to bully me.

"What is this mathematics nerd doing out here?" He taunted, a devilish smirk plastered on his face.

"You too have come here to see some hot chicks like us? Haven't you?" He laughed sarcastically.

"Just be a mama's good boy and leave this place immediately." He pushed me aside, a hard push lead me to stumble back.

In the mean time, someone had already snaked his arm around my shoulder. I turned around angrily but this time it was not a boy instead there was a girl.

"I'm sure you will be okay after you drink this."

She handed me a shot of vodka, although I was never into drinking as compared to my brother. But that was the first time my body compelled me to have a gulp of the elixir.