|A flop star, nah|

2 1.  A   f l o p  s t a r,  n a h

I was sitting on the sofa with dead expressions right beside my mother who was flipping through the channels, "What should we watch that could enlighten my daughter's mood? emm... "

My eyes were sore, I couldn't see a thing clearly, even so, I chose to accompany her. These are the circumstances where you feel the need of getting more closer to your loved ones.

Just sitting near them or even hearing them talk diminishes the burden to the maximum extent.

I swiftly laid my head on her small, fragile shoulder blade. "Mom, please don't let father know anything about this," a hiccup slipped out of my mouth as I grabbed the remote from her hands and gave a long pause to the continuous monotonous sound being produced by the TV that nearly battered in my eardrums.

"Dasom, I know how well I've have brought you up, keeping aside your mischievous acts of eating lunch in the classroom while the teacher's still present, mimicking your teachers right behind their backs, is all tolerable. But, this was something big. It quite didn't match your style." She chuckled, smacking on my arm playfully.

"Oh, mom I love you. Thank you for understanding me. I don't care if I'm the culprit in the eyes of the world as long as I'm not in yours," I proceeded on, resting my head on her lap as I placed her hand on my hand. "Mom, give me a head massage please...."

Few hours passed away. I was still sleeping until my mom nudged me, saying, "Dasom, your friends are here, wake up, go wash your face first."

Running upstairs to my bathroom, I quickly turned on the tap and splashed my face with chilled water, nourishing my eyes once again. I scrunched the face towel as I looked myself in the mirror trying to assimilate my long lost confidence. I trekked downstairs to meet them.

"Dasom, what the crap was that? Jimin told me everything, like crazy... " Nari lifted her hands up in bewildering motion with her mouth hung open.

I nodded, forcing out a tight-lipped smile cause the situation demanded me to gear up with a strong role.

"Or maybe it could be a sign of some ill omen, for instance, your boyfriend. I mean he could have saved you or should have saved you from such a horrendous situation." Jimin mumbled bitterly, resting his hands on the hips.

"Can we talk bout this outside?" I suggested and we walked to the main gate of my home.

Jimin was leaning against the oldie black steel gate while Nari and I were sitting on the cemented bench near a small bougainvillea tree. The sun rays left the glow on Jimin's face as he stood completely exposed to the 4:00 pm's sunlight.

"Let's not drag V into this. He tried everything that was under his radar and like he said after going through the CCTV footage, the scene was just different and ..... lets end this topic please." I pleaded indirectly, not showing my real emotional outrage at first.

"For how long will you not come to the Uni?" Nari asked, tensed up as he clasped my hand tightly.

"Rustication for fifteen days."

"Wow, lucky girl." Nari patted my back as if I've achieved something big.

I stared at Jimin and then again at Nari, the air bubbled up with a high intensity of touches of laughter from their side as I saw Nari having a belly laugh along with Jimin who squished my cheeks.

"Ahhh! don't touch me." I punched him in his stomach earning a soft slap on my face.

"Let's take a selfie " Nari suggested, imitating like a sweet sixteen as she fumbled with the settings on her pink smooch printed cover phone. I wondered what would it be like to live or more precisely breathe without having them around.

V got down of his car and took a u-turn to the passenger seat whereat a bouquet of white scented roses was storing the occupied area with its pleasant odor.

He brought it for Dasom's mother for he was going to meet her in a proper way with the idea of impressing her.
Keeping in mind the terror of Dasom's father if he finds out about their relationship he chose this particular timing of the afternoon, trying not to leave any point which could ruin his master's blaster plan.

He took out his phone and tapped on the message icon, nervously.

*Princess, Are you alone with your mother?

He typed a new one, finding the first one too blunt.

*Hey, Dasom. I wanted to introduce myself as your boyfriend to your mother. Earlier it was not quite a place for doing that sooo... I hope your father is not at home rn. Plzz answer me quickly before the flowers lose their fragrance  :'(

He was going to press the send option but noise of loud guffaws coming from across the path stopped him from doing so.

Seeing the three of them absorbed in tears as they had a gala time laughing, kicking, pushing, pulling each other like a bunch of street performers attracting the onlookers' attention.

It seemed like V's entire body was soaked in a fiery ocean of abhorrence,  umbrage for that whole five minutes as he stared at them. With the staling realisation, he dumped the bouquet in the nearby trash and plopped down in the driver's seat.

Turning the engine on, the villain was burning inside out as he gripped on the steering wheel with one hand fiercely and the other pulled the first gear savagely.

***

V and I were chatting on SNS, he was relieving my tension and I was supplying him with a large amount of
uncultivated thoughts.

My father called out my name darkly, as he entered my room, "Dasom, what am I hearing?"

I immediately hid my phone under the blanket, "Father, What. did. you. hear? I spoke in broken words, afraid of getting caught.

"You are upset which is why you didn't eat anything," He crossed his hands, sitting on the bed.

A cute ping sound from under the wooly quilt made his expression turn into a frown, I was nervous like hell and wished V to hold back for a minute or two.

"Okay, I got it. Just wait for fifteen minutes and I bet you will come running downstairs by yourself."

With that being said he exited and as per my consensus he knew what could uplift my mood.

*Guess who will be having spicy rice cake tonight?

I pulled my phone from under the sheets texted V, happily but got no response for the next twenty minutes. I kind of felt drowsy and curled into a ball for this time.

 I kind of felt drowsy and curled into a ball for this time

____________________

Word count - 1130

Captain's note - V is not a LOSER.
for your kind information, Dasom's Dad is out ❌❌❌