|Circumstantial problem|

2 7.   C i r c u m s t a n t i a l  
p r o b l e m

Morning in the serenity of the
Bejarim forest should help to calm down oneself, but there was I, who woke up with puffy eyes and swollen lips.

I realized I was wearing his black shirt maybe he slipped me through it during my sleep tenure. Without looking at myself, I searched through the entire place, crestfallen.

My bare feets guided my legs to the rooftop. Reaching upon, I saw his bareback and wide shoulders, sitting on three feet high wall, made from cement. His legs were dangling and hands placed on either side for support.

His ears were highlighting dark orange color due to the sun's blessing and naked upper body soaking some morning sun innately.

I dramatically clapped my hands, louder and louder while taking small steps towards him. "Look! We have a new math professor this year. He's very arrogant and cruel to others but I wonder why was he so sweet and helpful to me?"

He turned around, eyes widening as listened to the further nonstop tale, coming out of my dry mouth.

"You have the potential, come to my house for tuition classes," I took a pause. "Making me lose my shit every time I went to your place." I bawled, hands spreading apart and eyes remaining on the well-tiled floor.

He got down, undefined emotions surging in his eyes. "Dasom,"

"Now what, huh? If you wanted to kill me from the very beginning, then why put a facade of a nice guy and ruining my life in sickening intervals." I yelled and coughed at the sore condition of my throat.

He stared.

"I will only ask you one thing. Tell me truthfully, if by any chance you really fell for me under this pretense. Was I really not successful in touching your heart under this sham act of nothing mere wreaking a nonsensical vengeance?" I bit my lower lip, gripping the side of his black shirt that I had on.

"Dasom, we are going to Seoul." He said in a normal tone, walking past me as if he didn't hear a word uttered by me.

"Fine. That answered it all." I mumbled and wiped my tears. I limped energetically, managing to stand on the same wall where he sat.

"Dasom!" He shouted from afar, standing near the terrace door- hinged in the middle so that one door is fixed and the other operates.

He was standing in a surprising position, running in my direction to stop me from taking any further steps.

"Don't... don't come any closer to me. I think this is what you wanted from the start. I'll make it easier for you."
With a shaky voice and trembling legs, I stood there, defeated.

"Utter nuisance, get down of it!" Anger fuming in his voice as he held out his hand for me to take it.

"The guilt of accidentally taking somebody's life killed me every day. I could never do such a thing. I'm a simple girl with simple, damn dreams of not giving a care to the world, of having a small house and a husband who would want me to kiss him before he goes out for work, dreams of cooking food for him when he comes late from the office. Shit!"
I suddenly started crying unabashedly and pitifully.

Taking advantage of my sensitive state, he dragged my right arm violently, squatting lightly. He slipped his right arm between my knees, carrying me on his shoulders.

While we were climbing down the stairs, he adjusted me to balance my weight properly.

"Leave me you jerk...." I thrust my fists on his strong back.