|Furnishing the man of my life|

3 2. F u r n i s h i n g t h e
m a n o f m y l i f e

Feeling not so lonely, feeling not so dull. This moment changed the entire history of my sleepless nights and vividness mornings. Tracking back to my fading consciousness, I tried opening my eyes.

His fingers danced skillfully across the plastic keys, the soft clatter of the keyboard singing like a chorus of tiny doors in a faulty latch. "Don't want to go to work?" He said boss-eyed showed the traces of his concentration on the laptop's screen but on me.

Rubbing my feet softly with his thump made me realize that I was lying on my stomach with my face on the other corner of the world. My fainèant ass helped me drag my one hand and place it under my cheek comfortably.

"Nah.....I'll make up a story and blame you for not letting me go to work." I smiled widely, a heart contented smile glowing on my face.

On waggling of my feet and producing some gloomy sounds I put on an expression of a headstrong person who was not willing to leave her bed as of now.

"Your hips are more rounder this time." He commented, sipping on his ginger-infused green tea. Letting his eyes work it's way back to the laptop and the matter being displayed on it.

I tossed around, darting my eyes at the busy man. "So, Mr. Dreamboat is checking me out." I breathed out, raking my fingers through my sleepy messy hair.

He smiled, nodding with a slow pause as if trying to give me slow poison. I didn't let this opportunity slip as I playfully pushed the top cover of the device down with my feet. "Hey, babes what are you doing?" He yelled initially before entering the calm and composure state swiftly.

"I'm stopping my babes from doing this stupid yakka. I mean who the hell starts working early in the morning particularly in this generation?" I said, words coated with disapproval.

"I have to, particularly if I'm having plans to tie the knot with you." He said in a throaty voice, having another long sip from the mug in between.

"What! Shutup! Really!" I bobbled for a good one minute and rolled over to him who pulled my one hand, putting it on his shoulder while nuzzling his nose onto my neck.

I took the mug from his hand, taking small sips as I disliked the flavor of ginger but began liking it as I relished it like I never tried doing it before. "Aah! I like it." I said, giving out a tight-lipped smile.

"The proposal right?" He mumbled with his lips showering cute and sweet pecks on the knuckles of my hand. His hands intertwined with my hand and the long thin material of my sweater tagging along.

"No... the tea." I whispered before swiveling over the bed, my bare feets landed on the mild cold floor haphazardly. He crawled on the bed to get a grip on my leg but I was way too fast for him to complete his task.

I stood behind a primrose high back chair, motionless, the back of the chair was working like an armor. Water dripped out from my eyes, and I blasted into a boisterous laughter when I saw him approaching me with his one palm attached to his mug, slowly and steadily like a panther.

"Do. not. come. near. me." I warned him, a certain degree of excitement hiked up in my nerves. I cinctured the cushion, applying more pressure to the fingers.

"I have a habit of acquiring the thing---the thing my eyes first lay on." He moved forward handing me over his tea. Angling my neck, I took it from him; taking a satisfying amount of gentle hot tea in my mouth.