|Not bathing again|

3 3. N o t b a t h i n g a g a i n

"Dasom...Dasom! I told you to keep the oval platter in the center and the deep plates in front of everyone's seating- this girl can't find her butt with both hands in broad daylight." She mocked, setting the dining mat properly.

"Mom! Why are shouting unnecessarily? I'm standing right behind you, do I've to remind you of that?" I retaliated with the same tone as my mom, cleaning the plates with a cotton cloth.

"I tasted Oi Bokkeum, it's more salty than usual. Just tell me from which cheap hotel did you order it from? Can't they take it back?" She went back to the kitchen, tasting a few more dishes that I ordered from outside instead of letting her cook, resorting to a lazy attempt. With the aim of trying to make the burden which she takes on herself as any guest comes to visit our place - avoidable, as she had a habit of making mountain out of a molehill. I felt like me over smart side slapped hard the frontal bone shielding my weak brain.

"Mom, he isn't too much into food, groceries, and rationing," I said, lazily taking out the spicy cabbage salsa and putting it in a bowl.

"Then what does he like to eat?" She asked in an annoyed manner, stirring the onions in the pan fryer and the other hand resting on her hip.

Instantly, a corrupted, misemployed blub of bohemian perversion flickered lit up in my head. I grinned before uttering, "I will look into it."
Shyness crept on my red flushed face.

Gosh! Mom doesn't have the faintest idea about his only like about the word 'TASTE'.

"What will you look into?" She muttered in agitation, making it audible for me to hear it. I pursed my lips already driven by varietal wild thoughts on my opening night with him, which is not so far and away for me not to think about it. The feeling covered my body with jitters.

Finally, I thought of putting a beautiful end to my single status. I don't know if I'm ready for the marriage as it brings a lot more responsibilities than one can ever think of. And especially if you own the title of the clumsiest girl in the world... just like me.

Latching onto to him is my objective, this time I won't let him go anywhere. The taking-of-life gap of two years already burned me into the ashes of loneliness and negativities. I couldn't afford to lose him now.

"I'll be back in a minute." I winked at her, sprinting back to my room. I closed the door and slammed my body against it, breathing heavenly. I picked up my phone from the bed and stuck my back against the door once again.

On dialing his number."Hello V, which corner of the earth are you lurching in, huh? It's already quarter to eight..." I said, clenching my teeth.

"Dasom, I'm almost ready just slipping in my shoes--Ahh!" He yelped and I got suspicious of what made him react in this way. With mind exploding with the likely chances of getting the older version of perverted V.

I said, "Hey, V why did you do that 'Ahh'?" I squinted my eyes, marching in my room to calm down my watchful self.

"Cause I slipped on the floor, what the fuckery fuck there's water in here! Wait. Oh no, oh no- I'm not bathing again...." His voice trailed off as he escaped to some other place leaving me on the phone.

"Hey, I can hear the rushing of the water, don't tell me you've been careless while bathing and left the tap open," I questioned to myself in the middle of the crisis- Hell, am I in my right senses? To spend my entire life with this troublemaker will not be a walk in the park, Kim Dasom.