Chapter 19 - A x HUNTER'S x ESSENCE

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE UPDATES

Everyone heads to the New Hunter Orientation to receive their hunter license and to be acquainted to the pros and cons of being a hunter. The one who will explain the rules and regulation is the chairman himself.

"Ahem! The Hunter Association is a non-governmental organization responsible for the testing and licensing of "Hunters", individuals who have proven themselves through the rigorous exam to be elite members of humanity. With the passing of the Hunter Exam, an applicant is rewarded with a license to go almost anywhere in the world and do almost anything, thus declaring them Hunters. Typically, Hunters devote themselves to tracking down priceless items, mystical places, and the unseen wonders of the world."

THE PROFESSION

A Hunter's job is not only that of looking for treasures and hunting animals. True Hunters dedicate themselves to the protection of knowledge, people, and nature. They must preserve culturally precious items or species of animals and plants they are able to discover. Furthermore, they must also arrest criminals and in rare cases even fellow Hunters who have committed heinous crimes. A "hunt" can range from a task commissioned by a client to one ordered by the higher-ups of the organization, to a quest a Hunter goes on of their own volition.

PERKS AND COMMUNICATIONS OF THE HUNTER LISENCE

A Hunter License is a type of card given exclusively to Hunters after they pass the Hunter Exam which proves the status of the owner and has multiple benefits. It provides free access to most of the public services and permission to go almost anywhere in the world without a visa. It also grants the ability to kill without facing major legal consequences, although there are exceptions. A Hunter License also grants access to guarded information as well as being an easy way to get jobs. Furthermore, there are collectors willing to buy it for a fortune that would sustain the Hunter's family for generations.

HUNTER WEBSITE

By typing the correct URL, inserting the code of one's license and swiping it into any computer, a Hunter is able to access Hunters' Tavern, a Hunter-only website where all manners of information unretrievable through other means can be purchased.

Q
By sending a 9-digit code to a phone company owned by the Hunter Association, a Hunter can send and receive messages via Q, a software that leaves no logs or call history and that cannot be detected by regular wiretapping systems.

HUNTER CODE

Hunters have a simple code to transmit secret messages to each other. When a sentence starts with a number, such as a time, each figure refers to a part of the corresponding sentence, whereas the rest of that sentence must be ignored. For example, if a Hunter prefaced their message with "13:44", the receiver would have to consider only the first part of the first sentence, the third part of the second one, the fourth part of the third sentence, and the fourth part of the fourth one.

The Hunter Association has it's own sets of rules and regulation entitled Hunter Bylaws or Ten Hunter Articles which every Hunter must follow.

1.Hunters must always be on the hunt for something.

2.Hunters must have a minimal understanding of martial arts. This includes learning Nen.

*Kakin bodyguards who passed the 289th Hunter Exam are not required to know Nen and are designated as Provisional Hunters.

3.Once a Hunter is licensed, that license cannot be revoked for any reason. However, a license will not be reissued for any reason.

4.Hunters shall not target other Hunters unless they commit heinous crimes.