🌸Chapter Thirty-Seven🌸

(I just wanted to thank everyone who has read....voted....and for the many lovely comments I really appreciate it....this chapter will be the last one for now untill later in the week...or may be one more but I'll have to see...🙏🙏⚘⚘❤❤)

Getting the first available ticket...he caught the next flight home. He knew it was wrong to leave her like that...but this was something he had to do. He was on an adrenaline rush  and if he didn't do this now he would not feel settled. The first time round he had made many mistakes. This time he was leaving nothing to chance.

He had been waiting for the signs before he moved forward...and now he had found them. After parting from the kiss he realised that the feeling were there for her just as they were for him. He knew her well enough to know that if she had anyone she wouldn't have let him within a mile of her. The response to the kiss and slap after had proved that. She was now probably wallowing in guilt for responding to him.

They had wasted enough time, once this matter was out of the way... hopefully to his advantage. There would be nothing...nothing to stop him from achieving his goal.

Whatever way in which she protested he would take...he wouldn't give up until she was his. They belonged together and he would make sure she realised it. He would make sure she listened to him...and would explain everything to him from the very start...to this very day.

*****

So that was what led him here...he knew Layla was away at a conference and Nihat was at the shop. With his health he didn't want to risk it.

Pumping himself up, he rang the doorbell...after a while Mevkebi opened the door looking very surprised.

"Can...You...Is everything ok?" Mevkibe asked looking surprised. The last time he had been here was to tell them of Polens pregnancy.

"Mevkebi Hanim...can I come in... please."

"Love...Layla isn't here she's at a con...."

"Yes...Yes I know..." Sighing he continued "Hmm...actually I wanted to talk to you."

"Ok...Ok...come in." She moved out of the way to let him in. Curious as to what he could possiably have to talk to her about.

"Would you like a drink... coffee... tea..." She asked.

"No...No." He said entwining his fingers.

"Please take a seat....Is everything ok...Can?" She was beginning to worry.

"I don't know where to start..." He said rubbing his eyes.

"Can..." Mevkibe looked worried.

"Mevkebi Hanim...what I'm about to tell you will surprise you....but first I want you to promise me something."

"Can son I don't understand."

"Please.." Can said in desperation.

"Well...I can't promise anything.... without first knowing...so tell me what is it."

"Ok...well please just hear me out...and please let me finish first. Afterwards I'll try to answer any question you have."

Mevkebi was biting her nails "Can son your scaring me."

"Mevkebi Hanim you must promise to hear me out...please."

"Ok...Ok...I promise." Mevkebi wanted to know what had bought this individual...who always seemed so calm and collected to this state.

"Ok..." He stood up pacing back and forth...rubbing his hands together.

"I want you to know that what I'm about to tell you is entirely my fault....none of it was in any way Sanem's fault."