-New enemies-

David's Pov:

I was in deep slumber until I heard banging on my door as expected. I groaned silently to myself as I got up out of bed and got dressed in the clothes I had packed in my backpack. They took it for inspection the day I came here and gave it back the next day. To be honest I don't really like people going through my stuff without my consent. Quite rude if ye ask me.

I opened the door to see Panda waiting on the other side for me. "Make sure to pack whatever shit you need for this trip. I gotta show you our weapons room so you can get something to defend yourself." He spoke. That's the first I heard him say a word since I was here. He sounds a little moody too. I grabbed my backpack and my phone and followed Panda downstairs to the weapons room. It was a room smaller than mine and surprisingly there wasn't much weapons or supplies. They must be running low. I guess that's why they needed me to be a troop to help get more supplies and stuff.

I looked around glancing at the shelves wondering what to use. There's automatics and some semiautomatic machine guns and two shotguns and a couple of hand guns. I picked up a rifle off the shelf and examined it. It looks kind of customized. It has a nice leather grip and a carved drawing of a pig in the wooden part of it. I also noticed initials carved into the metal on the back of it, "T.W" it read. As I was still examining the gun I felt a strong grip from someone's hand on my shoulder. It startled me and I turned around to be met with blue piercing eyes that glared angrily at me from a man who looked almost as tall as me and was buff looking with a white torn shirt and a ballistic vest on with padded black pants and black boots on. "What are you doing touching something that isn't yours" he said in an angry tone and ripped the gun out of my hands. "Chill dude, I didn't know it was yours. I was told to just pick a weapon, nothing specific" I scuffed backing away a bit. He looked pissed at my response and got closer to me and picked me up a bit by my shirt and I struggled to get out of his grip. "No one tells me what to do! Especially to chill out!!" He yelled in my face and I pushed him off of me. This guy is pissing me off. I don't care, I'm gonna focking throw hands if he does. "Don't you fucking push me! Who the fuck do you think you are newbie!!" He yelled again as he pushed me against the wall and held his arm up indicating that he was about to punch me but stop when he heard Basically yell. "Hey hey! Calm down Ty, he didn't know better" he said as Wildcat slowly backed away from me and walked towards Basically. He just glared at him and gave an angry sigh as he stormed out of the room. "Don't worry about him, he's just a little hot headed" he said handing me a small pistol and a pocket knife, "Nogla I'd recommend that you try to keep your distance from him for awhile, and yeah I know that's gonna be kinda hard since he's your troop leader for the run..sooo good luck" he said patting my shoulder. "Wait! What!? I gotta deal with that!" I shouted. "You don't have a choice" he replied as he walked out of the room. Well this is focking great. My troop leader hates me already and honestly I hate him back. It was just a focking gun, nothing to cry about.

I met Wildcat and Panda outside of the building with my gun in hand just to be prepared. Wildcat gave me a glare of hatred and looked away and signaled for us to follow. I sighed to myself. This is gonna be a long day..

We walked for about two miles away just outside of the city. Panda said something about left over supply crates from the military helicopters that flew by the day it happened and dropped crates for any leftover survivors. Hopefully we don't come back empty handed since Mini said something about Vanoss getting furious if we do. I don't wanna tick him off since he seems really scary already. I mean the man can just snap his fingers and I would get shot in the head or something. I'm trying to stay on everyone's good side here, well except Wildcat's since I already fucked that chance up. Honestly if he wasn't such an asshole I'd think he's kinda cute. But I don't think that! He's most likely my new enemy now though.

We eventually pondered upon an old thrift store just out of town. There was two of those care packages that Panda was talking about. They both looked untouched which is a good sign. Wildcat gave us the signal to go check it out. I walked over to one of the crates as Panda went to the other. I looked at Panda for permission to open it and he nodded in response. I pulled my pocket knife out and carefully cut the straps off and budging it open as Panda did the same. I looked in the crate to see four boxes of ammunition and three light machine guns and a tactical flashlight. Nothing much to be honest. Panda found some medical supplies in his crate. I'm not gonna lie, this seems kinda suspicious. I mean the crates were just sitting here displayed in front of the store and neatly placed. And the store lights were still on. Somebody had to have been here recently. It's strange that if someone was here that they left the crates unopened. I just don't trust this at all..

Wildcat told us to place what we got In our bags as he went to go investigate the store. "Panda I think we should leave here soon, I have a bad feeling about this.." I said looking around. Panda just chuckled. "It's fine, you're probably just nervous. I was on my first run." He said to reassure me. "I don't know, I still have a bad feeling about this." I said trying to fit the rest of the stuff in my backpack. "Wildcat has been in the store for awhile, maybe we should check up on him" I said walking towards the door. I suddenly got a strong whiff of gasoline and started hearing a clicking noise. My stomach dropped when I realized this is a trap! I ran in for Wildcat and noticed him passed out on the floor. There was a strange gas in the air making my vision blurry, must be what knocked him out. I ran over to him and struggled to pick him up. I tried to yell for Panda but I couldn't stop coughing when I opened my mouth. I gotta get him out of here fast! I tried my best to pick him up bridal style and ran my way to the door but it was locked. I quickly rammed my elbow into the door breaking the glass and ran out hold Wildcat. Panda gave me a confused look and then noticed the panic in my eyes and ran away from the store as I did as well. The whole store exploded shooting up into flames. The blast made me fall onto the ground, I tried my best to shield him from the blast. Panda came over to me to help me up. I was still trying to catch my breath. I can't believe what just focking happened!

Panda helped me carry Wildcat to the base. Ohm opened the door and immediately called for the others as he noticed the unconscious man in our grasp. Ohm and Moo quickly laid him down on a fold up bed and Moo rushed to go get his medical supplies. Moo checked his pulse and gave him some kind of medicine and bandaged his minor wounds up. "You think he'll be okay?" I asked Moo a little concerned. "Yeah, he should be fine. He just needs to rest for a bit." He said and I sighed in relief and walked over to Panda and Ohm. "So, what happened?!" He asked curious. I was about to speak but Panda cut me off. "He saved Ty's life! The store we raided fucking exploded! It was crazy." Panda yelled. "Sounds like you'll do fine as a troop Nogla" Ohm said patting my back. It was crazy, why would someone rig the place...and who?

I handed the supplies to Panda and he put it in the storage. Ohm told me that I should get some rest and let Moo check on me later. My first run and somebody already tried to kill us..