7. Payback time

"Playing in the dark is a dangerous game...Darkness can consume you, the light inside of you will never be the same"

Darkness can consume you, the light inside of you will never be the same"

---

Jerome had told Kira the rest of the plan, he had told her that they need to speak to Zach, because he have some information about a guy, that Jerome need.

Kira knew who Zach was.

Zach was Jerome's abusive uncle, she remember about all the evil things that uncle Zach used to do with him. She want to make Zach pay for all the things he have done to Jerome, it sound like what Kira's father did to her, and then people wonder why, Jerome and Kira had become the way they are.

---

Two cops was at Zach's dinner, they stood and was talking to Zach, who was sitting down by a table, with three bowl of soup in front of him.

"Are you're sure you haven't heard from your nephew, Mr. Trumble" the policewoman asked "That monster killed my sister. I ever see him, his screams are what you'll be hearing" Zach said with an anger tone. "Just maybe give us a call before things go that far" the woman said and the two cops walked out the door.

"Geez, there is a lot of gum under here" Jerome commented with a disgusted look on his face, as him and Kira got up from under the table and sat back on their seat. "You're lucky those flatfoot didn't check under the table, Uncle Zach" Jerome said before he took a ball of gum from under the table and put it in his mouth "I mean, got to be some kind of health code violation or something" he said.

Jerome took off one of his gloves, he chose one of the jingles from the small jukebox on the top of the table, as soon as the jingle started playing, he snapped his fingers along with the song. Kira was sitting on Jerome's right side and was ready with her knife if now Zach decided to do something stupid.

Jerome dip a finger inside the first bowl of soup "Too cold" he said and took his finger up and dip it in the second bow, but he quickly took it up again. "Ah, too hot" he said and shook his finger in Zach's direction.

Zach cleared the bits of the soup from his face, Jerome dip his finger in the last bowl of soup. "Oh, just right" he said and took the bowl closer to him, he smelled the soup and hummed in delight. "You could always cook up a storm, Unc. I remember back in the circus, we used to dare each other to sneak into the chuck wagon, steal one of your cookies or two. That reminds me of my favorite meal you ever cooked. You remember that time you caught me trying to snag a snicker-doodle? Oh, that soup you made that day. Mamma mia" Jerome said and looked at Zach.

 Mamma mia" Jerome said and looked at Zach