17. The mourning

"The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories. Becomes a memory"

---

Robin and Kira arrived at Oswald's house. Robin walked in as the first, to make sure that no one was waiting for them or to see if anyone was home.

But darkness and silence was the only thing there was in the house, "There is no one home" she said.

Kira stepped in "I think that we shall start packing. I don't think that Oswald wanted us here anymore and since he had betray us, I think we shall find a new place to be planning our revenge, before the GCPD decide to show up here" Robin said and walked towards her room.

Kira walked towards her and Jerome's room, she opened the door to the room, stepped in and closed the door. She leaned her back against the door, closed her eyes and while sobbing, she slid down to the floor. She couldn't believe that Jerome was the one that died and she was the one that lived, it wasn't fair.

After sobbing for a few minutes, Kira got up and walked closer to the bed, you could still see where Jerome and her had slept the night before. 

When I am by myself
Looking at photos and videos
That we took
I've been keeping them for so long

She smiled when she think back to that night where they were laying in the bed just looking into each others' eyes, but then she got flashback to Jerome falling down from the building causing tears to fall down from her eyes. 

And with my broken heart
I see all the pictures of myself
Living life without you just feels so wrong

The memories she had with Jerome created happiness but most also pain and sadness because he was not here anymore and it was hard being in the room, knowing that he wouldn't enter any second. More tears started to fell down from her eyes and while crying she pushed some things down from the Jerome's night table with her hands.

I want you to be here with me
I know it sounds crazy
I miss your laugh and I miss everything
We used to be

She heard some glass broke, she looked down on the floor and saw a picture in a frame. She pick it up and looked at it.

And even if it is just for a while
Then God please, give us the time
I can't deal with the reality
There's nothing left that I can do
'Cause my heart is just missing you

It was a picture of her and Jerome at a party at her school, she had a red dress on and Jerome was in a black tux. Someone from the school have taking the picture because they were nominated as the most beautiful couple and won.

I tried everything
Every way I could forget you
Just so I can live my life without you, ohh
Nothing is the same
It's hard for me
To erase all of the memories I have with you

She slide her finger down the picture and smiled while she think back on that night, but then again she got flashback to Jerome falling down from the building.

I want you to be here with me
I know it sounds crazy

All the memories of her and Jerome together, caused her tears to show, she began to cry again as she took her hands to her face and while crying, she felled down on her knees.

I miss your laugh and I miss everything
We used to be

Flashback start....

Kira walked into an alley, she walked towards an abandon small truck, she opened the front door "I got it" she said and lifted up a bottle, while looking at Jerome, that was sitting on the other front seat. He looked at her "You sure you don't get in trouble for this?" he asked "Yeah, my parents have so many bottles with wine, that they will never notice is gone" Kira said, she crawled into the front seat, sat down and closed the door. "And besides, they never use them, only for special moments" she finished.