16. The worst day

"It is not the goodbye that hurts but the memories that followed"

---

Flashback start...

Kira was walking over to a caravan and knocked on the door. After a few seconds Jerome opened the door and he smiled when he saw Kira "Hey Kira" he said, "Hey Jerome, are you and Jeremiah ready to hang out?" she asked and Jerome looked down on the ground "What's wrong?" she asked "I need to tell you something" Jerome said.

---

Jerome and Kira sat on a small stepped of stairs by the caravan, "He left, why would Jeremiah leave us without a word" Kira said with tears in her eyes and Jerome put an arm around her shoulder "I don't know, I am angry too, that he just ran away like that" he said, "I can't believe that he just left me like that and without a goodbye" Kira said, "Hey" Jerome said and Kira looked at him "You still have me, and I am not planning on leaving, I wouldn't leave you" he said and Kira smiled "I am glad I have someone like you" she said "I will never leave you, and if someone try to tear us apart I will make them pay" he said, "You promise" Kira said and Jerome pulled her in for a hug "I will always be with you, and I will never leave you, no matter what. I promise" Jerome said and hugged her tighter.

Flashback end...

Kira sat in a dark and empty alley, she was looking down on the ground with tears in her eyes. Jerome was dead, the only person she had trusted her whole life, the one she had loved her whole life, the one person that help her through the pain, the one that had understand her and being there for her was gone. Kira didn't feel the pain from her wounds, but the pain of losing Jerome, she knew that this time, there was no chance of bringing him back, he was dead now and forever.

Robin walked over to her "Most of the followers are down, either arrested, dead or had run away. But luckily, Jim and the others cops from the GCPD don't know where we are" she said and Kira nodded but still looking down.

"Good" she said and looked up "I know what we shall do next" she said as she got up, but when she got up, she felled, but luckily Robin grabbed her, "You okay?" she asked and suddenly Kira's stomach began to bleed, "You are hurt" Robin said and Kira looked at her stomach "Jim must have got me back there, I just have not felt anything before now, the wound from my shoulder overtook the pain from my stomach, but I can handle it..." Kira said and was about to say something else, but then she fainted, but Robin was there for her, she grabbed her, took her left arm under her legs and her right arm behind her back before she lifted her up "Don't worry. I am here for you. I am not going to let you die, not on my watch" Robin said looking at a unconscious Kira in her arms.

She took a deep breath, "This will hurt a lot on me and maybe I will lose my power to run fast, but I would rather lose my super speed, than lose my best friend" Robin said and with her speed they disappeared.