☼ 14

"threw away your love letters, i, thought it'll make me feel better"

AUDREYS POV

i fluttered my eyes open. i was in stokeleys grip, i quietly moved out of it and got up. i walked into the bathroom, i used it then washed my face and brushed my teeth. once i was done i walked out to see stokeley on his phone. "good morning" i said to him. "correction, good afternoon ma. it's 12" he said in a raspy morning voice. he sat up. "where's your extra toothbrush?" he asked me. i went inside my draw and grabbed a toothbrush i've had since i went to the dentist.

i walked downstairs and made two smoothies. i drank mine and waited for him to come down and drink his. "aww you ain't have too" he said coming down the stairs. "if i was making myself one then it was only right to make you one" i replied. "i gotta go soon though foreal i gotta meet up with jackiel cause she been calling me all night" he said. i didn't wanna be a hating bitch or nothing, but it's like he came here to be undecided. he didn't know who he wanted. me or her. "you can go" i said quietly. "you sure? this is your cu-" "just... just go." i said. "what's wrong now?" he asked sitting there. "your so confusing, one minute it's i'm sorry i should've never done that. you'll make it up to me and kiss me then leave to go to her. not to sound bitter but even though i'm not fond of her, you can't play with our feelings like that. if you want her be with her. i'm not a option stoke." i replied. he sighed, "your right, i'm sorry for putting you through this." he got up and left.

••

i needed a break, from everyone and everything. "mom i'm gonna hang out with summer" i said outloud. "okay, tell her i said hi" she said back. shaienne was my cousin, almost like a bestfriend. she was close enough to take koris place. but nobody could take her place.

i finished packing my handbag and walked out the door. "summer, i'm on my way" i said into the phone.

••

"and that's basically what happened" i said after. i was sitting on the floor with summer. we always did this wen i came over. i explained who stokeley was, his friends. what was going on with everything. "you like him" she stated. "no" i replied, she sighed. "it wasn't a question, you like him. and since you do. you need to let him know how you feel. before it's too late" she says. i sat back. i rolled up a blunt and lit it while putting it inbetween my lips. "maybe i should, but what if i don't receive the response i'm looking for" i say. "sometimes, the answer we're looking for, isn't the answer we need"

"so i just got a call, and niggas wanna come to my crib right now to do a last minute shoot" she said holding her phone while walking towards me. "bruh what, i don't even got clothes or look good" i said confused. i ain't come over to be a fucking bella hadid. "i have something for us to wear. come on" she says.