☼ 2

AUDREYS POV

we were finally at the party, i was very nervous. the music was booming, i see so many red cups as i walk in, people making out, and the smell ? let's not even speak about it. "wassup vros!" richard yells. i seen a group of boys come towards him. they all start to speak. "what the hell kori?" i said yell whisper. "you'll have a great time don't worry!" she said bubbly. this is absurd. they turned towards us.

"who are these pretty ladies?" a short guy with blue dreads and face tats said to me and kori. "i'm richards sister and this is my bestfriend" kori said over the music smiling. "hello." i said nonchalantly. "whatsgoood! i'm x but my name is jahseh, the curly hair guy is cooliecut but his name is danny, the one with blonde hair is craig, the white guy is dj scheme, the curly haired one is isaiah but call him wifi or weef, and the one in the durag is stokeley but we call him ski" he explained. everyone said hi but the one in the durag. interesting. "i'm gonna get a water." i said with a attitude walking away. i did not want to be here.

i went in the fridge to look for a water and felt someone tap me. i turned around, it was ski. "what?!" i said "hurry the fuck up" he said rolling his eyes. i grabbed the water and slammed the fridge. "go in the fridge then the fuck." i said while walking away. "watch who the fuck you're talking too." i heard faintly. i continued walking.

AFTER THE PARTY

i'm so glad this shit is over. it was 2:30 in the morning. i was getting hella tired. me, kori, and richard & his friends stood outside. "what we finna do now?" richard said while smoking a cig. kori scrunched her face up in disgust. i went on my phone and got a call from my mom. i called her back. "yeah mom" i said in the phone, everyone stopped talking and turned my way. "where the hell are you?" she asked. "at a party with kori and rich, i told you i was going." i said confused. "oh, well hurry your ass home i'm going to sleep." she said, i laughed. "oh my gosh okay mom byee, i'll be home before 5." i said as i hung up. "someone's got curfew?" jahseh joked. i smiled, "i'm 19 i do what the hell i want, she just likes staying up and waiting for me to go home" i said laughing. "oh so you 19? have you ever got young dagger di-" "shut up jah, she's like my sister and you're being weird." rich interrupted. "okay where are we goinggggg?" kori said slurring her words. she had a little too much to drink. "you need to go home with your drunk ass" i mumbled. "i'm not even drunk i'm just tipsy." she said laughing. "we going back to my place?" weef asked. everyone said yes. we all got in richs car and he drove. while i was in the car i was drifting into my thoughts. that ski boy was rude as fuck, he had a terrible attitude for no reason. he was attractive though. but the attitude made him ugly. but being around richs friends for the first time, they all act just alike. i can tell rich loves them dearly. "hello, the hell." i heard a raspy voice. I blinked twice to see ski tap me. "huh?" "get out of the car nobody is even in here" he said scoffing and walking away. this nigga.

••

everyone was occupied at weeds house. weef, coolie, & craig we're playing ps4, ski and robb were smoking, and jahseh was on the phone with a girl. me and kori we're sitting down on the couch, kori was sleeping but i was just on instagram. i liked a couple of pictures and commented. "so, whats your name? explain yourself" coolie said to me while getting off the game. everyone started to pay attention. "i'm audrey, i'm 19 and i'm turning 20 in 10 weeks. i'm a freshman in broward college. i start again in august so my summer has basically began. i stay with my mom, but i do live on campus." i said smiling. "so you're the only child?" jah asked me, "no, my brother is in a asylum due to ptsd." i said. they nodded slowly.

"what's yo instagram?" wifi said walking towards me. i gave it to them and their phones lit up. i'm guessing he sent it in a group chat. i laughed. "are you a instagram model or something? because WHEW" jah said. i laughed, "no i just take a lot of pictures. i model here and there but nothing too serious" i said smiling. we started talking about personal stuff and got deep into out conversation. "me and ski met because we shared the same jail cell in juvenile" jah said laughing. ski smoked his blunt unfazed. but he quietly laughed.

he seemed so mysterious. he didn't engage in out conversation, he just stood there and listened. attentively. it was so awkward. i didn't expect for him to just sit there while we speak. "i've never been to jail, but i feel like if i hang out with you guys i will" i said laughing. "trust me, you won't be hanging with them if i ain't around" richard said laughing while i rolled my eyes and laughed along. "it's getting pretty late, imma head home." i said smiling as i got up. "ima take you" rich said, "i'll be right back don't touch my sister before i kick y'all in y'all esophagus" he added in a dark manner.

IN THE CAR

something was bugging me, skis attitude. what was wrong with him? i get i was a little rude in the beginning but i opened up. and he could've said something. we could've talked. i just don't get it. "what's wrong with that ski guy?" i asked rich. "nothing that i know of, he's just really quiet in da beginnin. once you get to know him nd shit he's chill." he said, "so why did he give me a attitude?" i asked. "did you give him one first?" he asked me, i stood quiet. "there's your answer"