Reminders for Writers 📌

“Ang lame naman ng work mo.”

“Stop writing, it is just useless. Hindi ka sikat ”

“You are not even an effective writer."

“Ang pangit ng story mo, malayong-malayo kay..."

It is so sad to think that na kapwa tao mo rin ang nagda-down sayo instead of cheering you up. Nakakalungkot isipin na ginawa mo na ang best mo, but still you ended up insulted. Although the goal of a writer is to reach out to readers or random people through their works, it is still possible that some may be misunderstood. I really salute all the writers who handle those people so well, not minding their comments, bashful etc.

I am sorry if my work is so lame.

I am sorry if my popularity isn't broad.

I am sorry if I am not an effective (a-not-so) writer, but

I am not sorry for not reaching your standards and expectations because, to tell you the truth, my work isn't FOR you.

Not all writers write because that is what you want, or what their readers want, because mostly they write about their feelings, which they can't express through communication. They write it because it is what they feel. And some writers write because it is their passion. And some writers are inspired to write because of their readers. Being a writer is not easy. Mahirap mag compose lalo na't iisipin mo agad na baka di ito magustuhan ng mambabasa. And, to be honest, there is a reason why they became writers at the same time, ang masaklap pa, ang manglalait pa sayo, yung taong di ka kilala pangalan mo.

Those people like that, let me ask you, may nagawa ka na ba na mas maganda sa work niya? We are not sorry for that. We are sorry for you because you are blinded by insecurities. You are no help.

Continue to do so. Don't let yourself get affected by nonsense like that. You are beyond wonderful. You are beyond great. Keep writing and fighting! No likes? No comments? No shares? Girl, I have a secret to tell you. Fame isn't important because behind the screen there are random people, silent readers who smile reading your works. You write, then you become it. It makes you feel good, so why stop? Every writer's work is distinct because each writer is unique. Chase your dreams and achieve them. Achieve it and keep going. Be brave! Cheer up!

Stop comparing the works of different authors. You've only made matters worse.