thirty two

the hospital was freaking luke out, so he left. jay and calum in the cafeteria getting everyone something to eat.

cuddled to michael's side, lauren ran her hand over her, intertwining their fingers. "sing to me, michael, please?" she asks softly.

"what song?" he clears his throat, ready to sing to his beautiful girlfriend.

"a justin bieber song." she laughs, michael groaning.

"you're so lucky i know a song." he laughs softly. he looks directly in front of him trying to figure where to the start the song so he starts from somewhere near the beginning.

"you think I'm biased, to my significant other. you hit it right on the head, only been missing my lover. got a whole lotta texts on my phone and I don't reply, the next eight bars tell you why. you're all that matters to me, yeah yeah, ain't worried about nobody else...."

as soon as his voice faded away, a nurse walks in, smiling, looking as if she was going to cry. "i don't mean to sound creepy, but i heard you singing to her, and i- it's so cute. you guys are the most adorable-"

"pull yourself together, rita." the doctor says. "okay michael, you're free to go. just don't stand too fast, and don't run or listen to loud music. most likely you'll get dizzy and feel nauseous. also, watch what you do. your ribs are a little fractured, not too bad. and lay off the drugs."

"shit, doc-"

"im not a snitch, because snitches are bitches." as soon as he said it, michael laughs, lauren leaving the room.

"what just?" the doc questions.

"when we first met, i said that and called her a bitch. long story, but thank you." he grins, shaking his hand and limping out of the room. lauren was pouting with a small smile. "you love me, you're not mad."

"yes i am, and i do love you." she clarifies, hugging him softly. he melts at her touch, knowing he's whipped for a girl who used to hate him. especially since they met drunk and high. "there's cal."

"where's jay?" michael asks, watching him run past. jay Coles from around the corner sliding, and catching her balance. "what happened?"

"he just - i - im going to fucking kill him!" jay groans. "can i ride with you guys?"

"sure."

a/n

ooooh cal

haha isn't mauren cute af

it's my OTP *heart eyes emoji*