fourty one

2k+ reads, 400 votes, 230+ comments. ily guys xxx

--

creepy room service girl had left, leaving michael and lauren to ponder on their journey tonight. getting drunk was out of the question considering they thought they got married and almost broke up because of it. "let's watch the video of us getting married," michael grabs his phone.

"now, we were shit drunk, mikey, i do not want to see this." she concludes, groaning as he opened his gallery app.

he clicks on the first video, him and lauren standing on an alter at an old church. "skip the holy part, and say your vows." the one boy slurs.

"i didn't write any vows man, just get to the end so i can kiss her." michael slurs as well, holding lauren.

her eyes were closed, hand on her forehead, trying not to sway. "im drunk as fu...fudge, and i feel sick." lauren realized she was in a church, and didn't want to swear.

michael kisses her with the instructions of nick, exclaiming, "mr. and mrs. clifford, let's get out before cops come." then the video ends.

they look at each other, then start laughing. "hey, FaceTime someone in Australia." lauren smiles, laying next to michael, his arm thrown around her waist.

he calls calum, the first contact to pop up. "what?" calum looks tired, and annoyed.

"what's wrong with you?" lauren asks, smirking.

"jay went to go buy us food. i stayed to watch her dog because it's sick and can't be alone, and oh my fucking God." calum groans. he shows them the dog who was jumping around. "sick my ass."

"maybe it's better, cal." michael laughs.

a door opens, which happen to be on cal's side of the world. jay comes into the camera smiling, and waving. "what happened? something happened, vegas is w disaster for couples."

"well..." michael trails.

"we thought we got married, but we just pretended, and bought rings from an antique store. our new friends put us up to it, so now we're going out alone." lauren chuckles, jay smiling. calum comes up holding the dog and a ripped shirt.

"shes attracted to you, cal." jay laughs. his face went red, "im kidding, i don't know if that's true, but you must've been playing around with her."

their attention turned away from them, so they hung up and called luke. he answers, the only thing they saw was the aussie sky. "hold on, mik-"

"ah shit, dude! that was a horrible throw." luke yells, grabbing the phone, and sitting down. he's at the beach. "you're in vegas and you're sitting in the hotel room. you could've met someone famous."

"we were supposed to go to the hollywood sign, but lazy pants right here doesn't want to." lauren sasses.

"luke," a girl voice comes closer, him looking up to alexia. "hi lauren!"

"hey!"

"what are you doing here?"

"i-im here with him." she points to a guy that was laying down the beach towels. he nods, michael fist bumping lauren.

"you're jealous." they both exclaim in unison, being able to see his facial expression behind his sunglasses.

"whatever." then luke hangs up. she rolls over on top of michael, kissing his forehead, then smiling.

"i love you michael, and the fact we fell in love in a seven eleven parking lot is just outrageous." she smiles.

"i love you too." he grins, happy that he's able to say that without hesitation. "i want to marry you, just not soon."

"i understand, mikey."

"okay, laurie." he smirks, knowing she thinks that nickname is for dweebs. "im sorry!"

"you better be."

"shut up, laurie." he gives himself a head start by running out of the hotel room. lauren was right behind him, then when security was in front of michael, they thought they were in deep shit.

"t-there was a rat at the end of the hall. we ran, you're so lucky we don't complain." michael lies, the security guard running off to get that rat that doesn't exist.

she hits his arms repeatedly, mouth dropping at the figures walking in front of her, behind michael so he couldn't see. "what are you staring at?" michael asks, thinking she was trying to create a diversion.

niall horan, liam Payne, harry styles, zayn malik, and louis tomlinson all walk down the hotel hallway, swagger in their walk. "it's one direction, michael! it's fucking one direction!" she grabs him by the collar, shaking him.

he turns around, his jaw dropping. niall smiles and waves at lauren, then michael. she grins back. "holy shit, it's one direction." michael looks lauren.

"hello mate," liam speaks to michael, shaking his hand. "hello, missy." he kisses lauren's hand watching her reaction.

"hi! im lauren." she speaks, their eyes widening.

"im michael."

"aussie's huh?" harry smiles. "you two seem cool, other than the fact you guys lied to a security."

"in my defense, she was chasing me." michael speaks, still awestruck.

"let's get to the hotel rooms. invite your new friends when you guys are settled." paul spoke, handling bags, other guards helping.

lauren and michael return to their room, realizing that zayn, liam, and louis are in the room to their right. niall and harry are in the room to their left.

••••

"you're lying," ashton says into FaceTime call, the others surrounding him.

"no we're not. if they weren't sleeping we'd prove it." lauren rolls her eyes. the topic kind of faded, until lauren spoke again. "sing for me. all four of you."

"it won't work, considering you guys are all the way across the world." luke speaks.

"try. sing the one you sang at my sister's wedding."

calum and luke handle their guitars, ashton just using the hallow wall beside him. michael starts of singing in her ear, then the boys joining in.

it sounded amazing, even over FaceTime. there was a knock at the hotel door, then five figures stumbling into the room looking into the camera.

louis grins, "i think we found our opening act."

a/n

thus, 5sos