Chapter 4 (NEW)

Matt's POV

Mia acted so quickly i didn't have time to register what had happened, when I did I was about to jump down after her when Zack grabbed me.

"No way are you being the hero!" He snarled.

"This isn't about being the hero, this is about saving the girl I love. " I hiss, fighting my way from his grasp and jumping without hesitation.

I hear a growl above me, he never did jump. As I fall to my death, something stops my fall. I open my eyes, realizing a tree branch caught my shirt. I blink quickly, catching a form in the corner of my eye, Mia. A sigh of relief makes its way from my parted lips.

Mia's POV

I didn't fall very far before feeling a sudden jolt that caused me stop in mid-air. I looked up, noticing a tree branch had caught me.

It wasn't very far up and I knew I could get up easily. I heard a voice above me and turned to see Matt coming. He made a move to come towards me but he couldn't.

As he got closer, I reached for his hand and felt the branch bend as he grabbed hold of my hand. He pushed me up towards the bar of the side rail of the road I had jumped from.

I saw him grab the branch and I started to climb towards the railing.

Once I was up, Zack stared at me in shock, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted. I leaned over the railing and reached my hand out for Matt to grab.

He attempted to reach my hand but, suddenly the branch snapped and Matt fell. I made a move to jump after him so we could die together but Zack grabbed me.

"Let me go!!! " I screamed.

Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. I couldn't take this pain, it was unbearable. I knew that my life was never going to be the same.

................................

At 5 votes I will update :)