Richard 75

Okay, this was requested by @GirlOfFanfictions over a year ago, I hope you enjoy it.

So in this, the reader falls in love with someone else and Dick deals with it, not wanting to upset her.

75- "You weren't supposed to hear that."

He should have told you. He should have mentioned it and sweep you off your feet.

Dick kept his mouth shut for five years. And now, he regretted it. you told him that you had a date with someone you had known for a good while. He didn't think that it would go this far.

Dick knew that he should have told you that he loved you right then and there. But no, instead he watched you fall in love with someone who wasn't him.

He didn't let you know, he didn't want you to feel bad. And now, as he watched you walk down the aisle to the alter, he knew you were gone. By the gods, you were so beautiful, you were in a floor-length white ball gown. He was never going to have you.

You were in love with a woman/man who was beautiful/handsome. Dick was jealous, so he sat at a table during the reception alone, talking to himself.

"If only I had told her. I should have told Y/n how much I loved her. Then I wouldn't be sitting here alone. But I could never do that, I know she is in love, I could never hurt her like that."

"You're in love with me?" Dick whirled around in alarm, only to face you, in your beautiful white dress.

"You weren't supposed to hear that, Y/n." You had tears in your beautiful (E/c) eyes as you stared down at his sitting form.

"Oh Richard, I am thankful that you did not want to ruin my relationship, but I am upset that you didn't tell me before." You pulled him up towards you and hugged him tightly. Dick felt tears well up in his eyes and drift down his face while he hugged you back just as quickly.

"Thank you, Richard."

You slowly let go and smiled at him, he watched you walk to your new husband/wife. You both started to dance slowly together as Dick stared.

"You're welcome, Y/n."

Dick sighed and sat back down, watching you dance with someone who wasn't him.

But at least you were happy.

The end, this one was short and sad, I wanted to make it longer, but I didn't know how to, so this was all I could make up.