Ch 3.

"I can't believe I'm graduating college!" I chuckled as I curled another piece of my hair. "The girl who spent most of her senior year pulling pranks is now going to teach today's youth."

"Make sure not to tell your students that or they will think they can get away with the same kind of shit," Opie teased pulling me into his lap. "I'm proud of you. You know that right baby," he began to nibble at my neck making goosebumps flutter over my skin.

"I know Ope, but thank you," I snuggled into him a warm feeling washing over me. I could live in this moment forever. Just him and I our world at peace.

"I know you already have my crow and you've always said that was enough for you, but what if you took my last name to?"

The first few months went by in a blur. I seemed to be getting along with all my students except one. The irony of it all was she reminded me of myself. She was a smart girl, but I could tell she felt confined here. Her I don't give a fuck attitude drove me mad. Had I really been like that back then...Opie would have said yes his signature smirk dancing onto his lips as he laughed at my frustration.

"Miss Cruz I need to speak with you," I told the girl as the final bell rang. She rolled her eyes so hard I swear they almost fell out of her hair. Leaning back into her chair she cocked her eyebrow and waited for the lecture she knew I was preparing. "I need to speak with one of your parents about your attendance. This never coming to class thing needs to stop."

"My grades are fine though," she argued leaning on her desk. "Besides my dad doesn't have time for your shit.

"If you actually can't to class they would be better Letty. I'm not the enemy here. I'm looking out for your future," it felt like a bad case of déjàvu as the words left my lips. "Tell your father to find the time."

"He's pretty busy with work Mrs Winston..." Letty replied. "What if I started to come to class more."

"I still want to talk to him." I stood my ground. "If he can't come to me I'll go to him."

"You can't!" She sounded panicked.

"Letty is there something going on at home?" A lump grew in my throat.

"No!" She quickly shouted. "He's a Mayan..." her voice got quiet.

"That doesn't intimidate me Letty. Tell him we need to have a talk...we are getting your grades up and you're graduating. Do you understand." The girl nodded before sulking out of the room. I fell back into my chair...of course he had to be a Mayan. I was going to have to make sure my crow was hidden no good would come from him knowing my past.