Ch 10

"Karma sit down for a minute I want to talk to you about something," Opie wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards the sofa his features were soft and eyes filled with love as we sat there silently for a moment. "The club is dealing with a lot of shit right now okay. We don't know what will happen. People may die."

"Ope what are you getting at?" I asked nervously. "You aren't going if there's a chance you'll die. I won't let you." I stood up marching out of the living room. I could hear his heavy footsteps following behind me as he wrapped himself around me again. His breath was arm on my neck as he swayed us back and forth. "Stay." I whispered.

"I can't you know I can't, and I'm going to whatever I can to get back home to you but Karma if something were to happen to me I want you to change your last name back to Knowles."

"Why?" I turned around so I could look into his eyes but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

"Because Karma you're beautiful heart will hold onto any part of me it can. It's one of the many things I love about you. But you hold on to tight for to long, and on off chance our time together is cut short know it's okay to let me go. So promise me."

"I can't," I pulled away. "I won't."

"Baby I'm going to be with you as long as I can you know that," I pushed Opie away when he tried to pull me close to him again.

"No time will be long enough."

"I know baby. Oh I know."

I sat in front it the court house my heart beating a mile a minute as I stared in the rearview mirror at Thomas. The little boy was fast asleep in his car seat as I rummaged through the papers on the passenger seat. I had had these filled out for a little over a year Opies voice in the back of my mind begging me to do what he asked. Wendy was right I missed myself. Opie was also right I did hold on to tight for to long to to many things. But how couldn't I. He was my everything. He was my world. Without him I was just Karma Knowles a young girl afraid of what the world may throw at her. Harry Winston fell in love with that girl though. Showed her she wasn't really as scared as she thought she was. So now I needed to show myself that again. I picked up Thomas and walked towards the building. The last time my heart was beating this fast was when I was walking towards Opie on our wedding day.

It felt like a blur as the lady at the desk filed my paperwork and announced that I once again was Karma Knowles. My new passport and license would arrive in the mail in a few weeks and I would once again start over. It was almost like a weight had lifted off my shoulders as I walked into my house. I grabbed my wedding photo of my bed stand table and pulled it close to my chest. "It wasn't long enough Ope. No time would have been but I did what you wanted. And I'll find myself again. I'll do it For you and for myself. That's a promise."