Ch 13

"What's a girl like you doing with a bunch of bikers?" The older man asked. I stared at his Kutte he was president of the mayans Oakland charter. I had overheard Opie and Jax talking about him once or twice. There clubs didn't exactly see eye to eye so why he was here in charming I wasn't sure. "Up I got a name?"

"That all depends if you do or not," I hopped off the picnic table pushing my sunglasses to the top of my head. "And what exactly you want."

"Marcus Alveraz," he stuck his hand out. "I'm here to have a chat with your VP." He smirked.

"He's not here." I retorted shaking his hand. "I'll tell him he stopped by."

"Please do." He raised his eyebrow.

"Karma. Karma Winston."

"It always baffles me that these boys have such good taste, I'll be seeing you around Mrs. Winston."

"Well I didn't expect to see such a familiar face hanging around these hooligans," I heard a voice laugh making me turn away from Letty and I's conversation.

"It's been a long time Marcus. How are you?" I gave him a tight smile as a flood of memories hit me. Threats and gunshots echoed through my mind before I remembered the truce. The promises. The lies. The deafening silence that came after the club fell like pawns on a chess board. It wasn't this mans fault yet I was standing here loathing his existence.

"I'm well. And you?" I inhale sharply how was I? How was I?! Did he really just ask me that. I naw at the inside of my cheek smiling curtly.

"Just peachy." He nods before walking past me into the clubhouse. I feel Lettys eyes on me. "No I will not tell you what that was about." I look at the young girl. "Let's go get something to eat yeah?" I stare back at the building and for a moment I swear I'm looking at TM and I have to remind myself that place no longer exists.