Ch 20

I hadn't been the girl to kiss many frogs in my younger years. I didn't have a lot of late nights crying into an ice cream tub as my friends told me he wasn't good enough or I would someone better. The few men I let I to my life were the men who stuck around. If I didn't think they were going to I walked away. No questions. No excuses. Just the honest truth that certain people aren't meant for each other.

I guess maybe you could call Opie my highschool sweetheart. He was the boy who took me to prom. The boy I made out with at my locker. He was my world at one time. The light in the darkness. My first kiss. My first real date. Well my first everything, but as I've learnt lately just because someone is your first doesn't mean they're your lady.

"Are you ready?" Letty popped her head I to my bedroom as I pulled at the bottom of the simple white dress I had chosen for today. "He's going to be speechless when he sees you."

"He better not be or how will he say his vows," I joked grabbing my coat off my chair. "Does Wendy have your sister in the car already?"

"Yep. We are all good to go. Dad just called to check we were on the way. I'm really happy it's you he's marrying. You guys are a good fit," Letty hugged me.

"I'm glad it's me he's marrying to."

Coco was waiting outside the court office looking more nervous than I had ever seen him until he saw me walking towards him and a calmness washed over his face.
"Hey handsome you sure you want to go through with this?" I teased.

"I've never been more sure of anything." He grinned. "Are you?"

"Yes. For now and forever. I'm done waiting."