Ah, another book.

Everything was running smoothly for the Star Sanses on this amazing day. Ink was drawing happily, Blue was running around chasing butterflies, and Dream was reading!

Beautiful day...

Until we look a little... deeper.

Dream was fine. 

But Ink was thinking about things much darker than his smile gave off.

How should I escape from here without getting noticed? Why did I eat that?! I need to stop. eating. Only water. I need to purge. Now.

Blue, on the other hand, was thinking all happy thoughts!

To an outsider.

To anyone else, he would never have depression. To others, he was a cute little innocent boy. But only he knew the truth.

Let's look a little deeper, shall we?

I look like a kid right now. Pathetic. I can't be doing this pathetic thing that I waste my time on. I'm just a useless piece of garbage. I-

You see where this is heading.

Dream was the happiest out of the bunch. Not really surprised, are you?

Let's check in on the 'villains' as you may call them.

Dust and Cross were running from Killer, who was tightening his strings on his hoodie, NIghtmare was reading just like Dream, skimming over the page, Horror was playing with his ax, and Error was knitting. 

"Guy$, $t0p f1ght1ng 0v3r th@t $tup1d ch0c0l@t3." Error growled and went back to knitting. Nightmare looked up from his book and glared at them. "Go fight somewhere else." 

Who is depressed? 

Ha.

You really are blind, dear, dear reader.

Have you yet to notice that the strings were on his wrists, so they wouldn't show? Or the way Nightmare never turns a page in his book?

If you haven't, well...

oh, Cross just got up...

Let's follow him, shall we?

He walked down the halls, and into the bathroom, where he took out on of his millions of knives and held it to his chest, tip first.

"Come on, Cross... Just-" He was cut off by Chara floating in front of him with a smirk on their face. "Really now, Cross? Are you really trying to escape from me? I mean, you are just a piece of trash, but seriously."

Cross' knife disappeared as he left the dark bathroom, mumbling to himself.

This is just the prologue, my reader.

The worst has yet to come.

Just remember...

You can't save yourself without someone's help.

~Undercorn1~