The actual finale

(I'm not doing aftermath. I hated doing all that romance shit in the first place, so you can just imagine it.)

---

When Cross' eyes opened, he quickly looked around, trying to see where he was. His chest hurt like hell, and something was pressing down on his skull, making everything slightly blurry. There was a screen next to him, showing his soul beating, the little spikes going slower and slower as he calmed down.

He was probably in Sci's place, everyone in another room waiting for him to wake up. His soul clenched slightly knowing that Dream would be there in a few seconds, probably knowing he was awake.

He needed to talk to that ball of brightness. 

just like that, Sci, Dream, Nightmare, and Error burst through the door, the nerdy skeleton holding a clipboard. Dream gasped seeing Cross, and almost tackled him. Cross internally thanked Nightmare for saving him from that pain, his chest almost dying of pain. 

"Here-" Sci gave Cross some water and some pills. "It'll help with the pain."

---

"Cross. Come here." Nightmare commanded, looking behind him to Cross, who had just walked in the door to the break room. He was being helped in by Error, who was glaring at Nightmare slightly. "C@n y0u @t l3@st h3lp h1m?!" Nightmare rolled his eye.

He wanted to, but that might just hurt him more.

Nightmare picked him up by the waist with his tentacle, getting a yelp from him. "Calm down."

Cross couldn't. 

Nightmare wanted to talk privately. Because of this, he was probably in trouble, and Nightmare would have a fun time torturing this injured skeleton. He was slightly afraid of Nightmare right now, for reasons even he couldn't list.

Cross's breath quickened, his mind racing back to-

Calm down you baby. He's not gonna hurt you. Cross' eyes widened wider, his head snapping to the right, where Chara was stretching. 

"Cross." The oreo glanced at Nightmare, to see him slightly...

worried?

"He's back, isn't he." The smaller nodded slowly. Cross was put down and sat in a chair, Nightmare pulling one up in front of him. The two were alone now, Error leaving with an attitude. "Break up with Dream."

The statement surprised him.

"W-what? w-why?!" Nightmare couldn't know about him not liking dream... and his real crush, could he?

The mere thought of that made Cross flush of embarrassment. Nightmare leaned forward, even closer to Cross. "Because. I know you don't really love him-"

Nightmare grabbed the other's scarf and pulled him closer, to the point where they were touching noses. "It's me."

-

Dream's hand fell to his side, hot tears streaming down his face seeing Nightmare kissing his cross...

and his boyfriend was enjoying it...

Dream's other hand was on his mouth, shivering heavily against the bone. how could he?! Was he just some sort of toy for Cross to get closer to Nightmare?

Dream ran out of the room, the small cape he had flying behind him. Killer bolted up from the chair he was sitting in, jumping over the table and rushing to Dream, wrapping the smaller in a hug. "Dream?! Are you okay?!"

This was the time that Killer was the one to help Dream, not the other way around. 

Dream just gasped and cried into Killer's hug, the other rubbing circles on his back. "Shh... It's alright..."

"T-they- h-he, k-kiss..." Killer blinked, eyes looking up to Ink, whose eyes were red targets, and his face a scowl. They locked eyes and nodded.

Ink walked to the room Dream came from, and Killer sat down right there on the floor, still hugging the smaller.

Ink burst through the door to see Nightmare helping Cross up, who was having an increasingly hard time. "WHAT THE FUCK CROSS?!" The two looked at Ink.

The painter never cursed unless he was pissed, which meant the situation was terrible. Cross didn't know how to respond.

He knew Dream loved him truly, but went on and broke his heart, all because of a crush on the king of nightmares. 

"I-Ink, I can e-explain!" Cross exclaimed, moving to walk up to him, but almost falling over.

Nightmare's tentacle was wrapped tightly around Cross' waist, holding him still. "Do you want to die right now?" The oreo looked away, blush visible on his bones. "You're a monster."

Cross' face fell at Ink's words, a million thoughts rushing into his mind...

"Oh really? I'm a monster?!" Cross burst out, almost shivering with anger. Ink flinched at this. 

(sorry if this was never mentioned I read an amazing book where Ink and Dream are the villains. I'll add it so you can read! IT'S AMAZING!!!!! Nightmare x reader one, but tada! IT'S NOT TRASH! No offense if you have one, I probably never read it... -n-)

"Have you ever considered that you're protecting universes that are suffering, making them grow and break the people inside of them?! You could have entered Dreamtale and saved Nightmare, but no. You just watched it. You don't even have feelings! you could have saved Dust, Horror, Killer, and ME! but no, you just befriended them so you could watch them fall... You are the true monster, Ink." Cross rambled. Ink was shivering at this point, clutching his scarf. Nightmare looked at the oreo with a surprised expression.

Sure, this was true, he even saw Ink's tan scarf while he ate the apples, but why would cross speak about this? Did those pills affect his emotions or something?

"And yeah, I screwed up. But still, I never liked Dream! I just-" Nightmare could see the anger and sadness in his eyes, something he hasn't seen in a while. "I fucked up. Is that what you want to hear from me?! Because you and Error have the perfect relationship. I'm so sorry." The tone of malice was almost sewed into the last sentence, almost like the goop covering Nightmare's body.

"Go away, Ink." Nightmare commanded, his other 3 tentacles pointing directly for the skeleton's chest, as in a warning.

Ink walked out of the room, before looking back and flipping nightmare and Cross off.

Killer shushed Dream with a boop to the nose, which surprisingly made Dream giggle slightly. "Are you-" Killer started, but was cut off with a kiss from the one he was hugging.

(yeah I think that's all... meh. Imagine the rest. I'm done with the mother f-ing book.)