The Golden Curse Chapter 2

It wasn't long when we've almost reached towards the house, but since mom was thinking about rewarding us with ice cream just for the day almost cheered us up, Valerie and me. My favorite kind of ice cream was a mango kind of ice cream, as my sister she loves the taste of cookie dough and chocolate. Since I'm more of a fruity kind of person to have for a good snack it wasn't so bad to taste a lot of flavors of fruits. Valerie on the other hand was likely to be born to love chocolate, since she and I work out a lot at the gym, we both have goals to achieve and time to spare to burn more than a hundred calories.

I'm just glad that the family I'm in, eating and drinks healthy and seemingly to have a history of strong people in the past. No regrets at all on this sort of way, I've never hated my family at all but I loved it.

The moment of silence just keeps on happening until we finally arrived at home, the house isn't too much to live in, it was just only a three story tall house, with a nice small balcony, a backyard, a small door that leads to the basement and a dog door on the front door of the house.

It was nice to have a dog to love and care for, despite that we were vulnerable of robberies or people breaking in, we've all decided to find a dog that will fit well in a house that we live in. So the family agreed to adopt a German Shepard that we've rescued, at the age of only two and gave him the name, Rocky.

As mom, Valerie and I walked in the house we were a little surprised to see, Trevor Graydon early from work.

Trevor Graydon, a spinning image that looks alike towards father and son, he has the same brown eyes as I do, he has short blackish brown hair, he was wearing a plain white shirt and black jeans just starring out on of the front windows. Dad was holding a coffee cup and took a sip of the steaming coffee. When mom, Valerie and I were looking confused it felt like I know where this is going, either it's good or bad news about the job he's working at.

"My parents along with my older brother had passed away this early morning, it was a car crash caused by a serial killer that was heavy on alcohol, that serial killer caused the deaths of my family... so...I'm sorry to say this but I have to get out of the state back to Montana to arrive for their funerals, not just only that... but to help my sister move out and help her move here or somewhere else close to us. Police contacted me a few hours ago and they told me that I have to be careful... but also told me that it was completely random that the serial killer chose to end my parents and my brother..." dad explained as we were all sitting down and tried to get ourselves under control from the shock of the random deaths in the family...

I can hear that Valerie is sniffling and crying, she was wiping away some of her tears and I stood up and sat down next to her then hugged her. Valerie needed me and so here I am for being a protective brother, yet I knew I was also crying as well, even mentally and physically...

"Oh Trevor I'm so sorry..." I heard my mother say, it really made everyone shake and somehow my father was taking it far more worse than crying or shaking, it made him feel like he lost one part of his soul and I can tell that he's going to spiral in depression soon.

Mom was kissing dad for comfort not even caring that it was gross but sweet...

"How long is that going to be? A few weeks?" I asked my dad, looking up with a curious question, somehow I was just then feeling my own depression rising.

"Two months, Caleb, the funeral will be in two weeks from now and soon after that, I'll be helping Aunt Eliza to find a place for her to live. Then again, she might end up moving in with us but I'm unsure about that" dad said hoping to figure out the future from now on.

"We understand, dad," I answered for Valerie, although something about it seemed off for me, a drunken serial killer? Car crash? Why would a serial killer be on the loose and somehow become drunk and kill people from car crashes? That doesn't make any sense...