Eddie Chapter 13

I couldn't believe Layla did that! I couldn't even believe my own eyes when I saw her trying to hold onto me, no one had ever saved me from meeting a dark fate like this, I didn't know why I tried to reach out towards Layla but something told me that I had to. As I drifted away from Layla I can see her fading away into this darkness and I can faintly see green eyes behind her, it was Sa-Kra-Neph trying to place another attack onto her but quickly I saw a shadow move to Layla, meaning that Temperance found her and merged.

By the moment that I saw Layla with Temperance's red eyes, Layla's hair was fading into black, her skin was melting into a pale, light, bluish, gray color and her clothes turned into a long black dress in the far distance.

That was the last thing I saw, until I was consumed in this dark fading space of ocean water, the current felt so strong and cold to my skin making me feel like I was numb. All of this fighting had actually made me feel like that I wanted it to end, every fight I always let it take me away to death and I won't suffer anymore.

For years that I've suffered through many ways of getting hurt, the years of being held captive against the cruelty I've face, not only just random people trying to kill a kid but to make him a slave, being used with not only their pleasurable games, their pain on me, their anger being taken out onto me, the fighting never ends until it's nothing, endless but decent and darkness until it takes more than one just to end life.

To end all of the misery, pain and suffering for years and years until life just finally makes the heart stop beating. Nothing else matters to me other than death...

All I wanted was to die...

I don't want to live this life of darkness anymore.

My purpose is to fight and this feels like it's the last time for me to do so.

I'm finally happy that I'm dying.

By the moment I was closing my eyes and embracing the cold hard truth of dying, I was smiling now that this torture is ending.

I felt something tug on my black shirt it felt like I was being dragged, by someone or something that would want to kill me already. I didn't really care about that anymore. I just want to die...

Now that I was being dragged, I didn't care if it was my soul being ripped apart by Roderick only for it to be dragged to hell. I could care less...

As I felt this grip on my shirt, I was somehow feeling this cold watery breeze on my skin being brushed by, for what felt like I was flying in mid air but as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw the familiar red eyes, the dull gray blue skin and the black dress that was clouding my vision along with the red eyes.

What confused me is why Temperanc  e or Layla is saving me, why save me when all I wanted was to die? No one in my life ever made a sacrifice just to save my life, no one.

For what felt like ten minutes being underwater, I felt some weird sense of relief and calmness it was very confusing, but somehow it felt relaxing...

I was more confused of why Layla or Temperance was mysteriously saving my life.

"Life is nothing but incoming death..." I heard the deepness and the darkness in Roderick's voice, although he does have a point that life will only bring incoming death, now I can't stop thinking of what is going through Layla's mind when she's saving my life.

Finally I saw the bright glowing familiar green eyes, the pupils were sharp and murderous, the eyes were huge and looking at Layla and I. But what I didn't realize is that Caleb was holding onto Layla's right foot, he was trying crawl on her and trying to attack her. The same green eyes were illuminating in Caleb's eyes, meaning that Sa-Kra-Neph still has him in his grasp.