Chapter 31 - A Honk Gets Lost in New York (The Past and The Future Meet)

The following morning all of the girls were ready to go on a tour of New York. As usual Hanayo complained about not having rice again. And she was tired of eating bread. For Honoka it was like she was in heaven because she got to eat bread.

After eating they tour the city and start visiting it's famous landmarks. They took pictures of the places they've visited. In Chinatown they were able to get to eat at rice shop similar to the one back in Japan. Then it was off to Central Park again.

Then they enjoyed a water cruise heading towards Statin Island where the world famous Statue of Liberty is located. Rin decided to have a picture of her taken doing the statue of liberty pose.

Then they visited the Empire State Building. Which will be one of the locations where they will shoot their live performance. Afterwards they went to the Ed Sullivan Theater. By the time they were about to go out it started to rain. Because they forgot to bring umbrellas they couldn't leave.

They waited for the rain to stop. As soon as the rain stopped they all went out and decided to go back to the hotel. However Honoka got separated from the others as she rode the wrong train. This gave the others a look of concern.

As they arrived at the hotel. They started to ask each other where Honoka was. One of them suggests that they go look for her. But instead they chose to stay instead and just wait for her to return safely.

As soon as the train that Honoka rode stopped, she immediately steps out. She notices that her friends are not there.

"They're not here. Oh no!!! I'm lost." She slowly gets out of the train station. Upon walking the stairs she accidentally bumps a middle aged woman.

Watch were you're going. The woman said.

Honoka replied I'm sorry.

Tears were starting to fall from her eyes. She doesn't know which way back to the hotel was. She kept walking and walking with her head bowed down a little bit.

Just when she was about to lose hope. She hears a woman singing.

She decides to go to where it's coming from. She sees a small group of people watching the woman singing "As Time Goes By". As she finishes her song. She thanks the small audience. And then she goes on saying she might give another performance if they come again.

She notices Honoka looking at her. She approaches her slowly so that Honoka won't be scared. Then Honoka decided to make the first move.

You have a wonderful voice.

Why thank you so much little lady.

I was wondering if you could help me.

Why is that?

I got separated from my friends and I don't know the way back to the hotel where we're staying.

Do you know the description of the hotel?

I think it's near a train station. It has a huge chandelier hanging in the center. That's all I can remember.

I see.... I think I might have been there once.

Really???

Yes... But that was a long time ago.

So will you help me?

Of course I will help you. Now let's go ride a train back to the hotel where your friends are waiting for you.

Thank you so much.

While they were on their way to the hotel the mysterious woman suddenly remembered something.

Oh shit!!! I think I forgot my microphone.

Uh it's on the seat next to you.

Oh... My bad... Tee-hee 😄😄😄

You sure are weird.

At last they made it to the hotel. Then Honoka asks her something.

Do you perform alone?

Not really... I was once part of a group. We became friends as we practice and perform back then. But as soon as we were no longer teenagers we decided to break up.

Why?

Various reasons. But I really love singing. So I decided to continue as a solo artist. But I didn't have much luck. So I decided to become a street singer. And once I saved enough money I want to go back to Japan.

Hey here we are...

By the way little lady.

Yes???

For who's sake are you singing for?

What???

You don't have to answer it. I'm sure that you will find the answer someday.

I think I see my friends.

Umi-chan!!! Honoka called out...

Before she could even hug her she felt a hard slap on her cheek.

Where were you? We've worried about you Honoka-chan.

They both start to cry. The others soon run to her. Then she is reminded of something.

Hey I like to..... Huh???? She's not there anymore...

As they went back into the hotel, Honoka was bothered by the question that the mysterious woman asked her. She couldn't make out what was the stranger meaning by that question. She decides to put it aside and just sleep.

She knows it's going to be the day they will shoot their live performance to promote Love Live which is now in it's third season. An American network offers to give free coverage of the live performance to help in the promotion.

It was showtime. "Muse" is now performing their new song "Angelic Angel". The video switches from the Empire State Building to Central Park.

As soon as they finished the live performance. They all went back to the hotel. They eat their dinner and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow they'll be going home back to Japan.

While the others are already a couple. The only one who is the most excited to go home was Honoka. She can't hide her excitement to see her girlfriend Tsubasa again. But then she remembered something.

Tsubasa said that they are going to continue being idols. But this time it will be on a professional level. Soon images of them having less time to see each other entered her mind. But she knows it's for their own good.

Morning came, and the girls are all excited to go home. While the others talk about the wonderful memories that they will cherish. Honoka is once again bothered by the question that the woman asked her. For it was like a puzzle that was hard to solve.

Again she puts it aside and gets the others to take one last picture of them. This time it was outside the hotel where they stayed for one week. Everybody gamely posed and took turns in taking solo pics of themselves.

Then it's finally time to leave. As they head to the airport, Honoka looks back at the hotel. She was hoping to see the mysterious woman who appeared out of nowhere again. Now they're at the airport, waiting for their flight to be announced.

While the others have beautiful memories of the trip. Honoka can only remember the day she got separated from them and meeting the mysterious woman. As relish the happy memories they gained.

They will all soon face the toughest challenge of their lives. And it will greet them unexpectedly once they have landed back in Japan.