Chapter 34 - Preparations and the Time to Say Goodbye

It's a busy day in the streets of Akihabara. Every school idol group from all across the country was there. All of them helping hand in hand in setting up the decorations. Not a single complaint was heard.

For those who went up against A-RISE and "Muse" in the two Love Live competitions. This is the last time they will be seeing them. But for the ones who haven't seen them. It was a huge honor, not only to help with the preparations for the concert. But to also sing with them.

Many of them became fans of the two legendary school idol groups. A-RISE was already popular from day one that it was formed. And there's "Muse", a group composed of nine beautiful girls. A school idol group that was formed to save their school from closing down.

Placing second to A-RISE in the first edition despite losing their leader and center due to health issues. And then coming back strong in the second season of Love Live. They bested all of the other school idol groups in their district preliminaries.

And then beating A-RISE and two other groups in the preliminary finals. And eventually becoming the grand champion. And their live performance in the United States specifically New York City boosted their popularity to greater heights.

All of them agreed that "Muse" should continue being idols. But for the members of "Muse" it was time to walk away from the limelight. It wouldn't be the same if one or more members are gone. And they vowed to keep the name "Muse" to themselves.

At Otonokizaka High School Maki was busy composing a song when Tsubasa walked in. She couldn't find the right melody for the song that was written. Tsubasa move in closer to Maki making her blush. Nico gets shocked at what Tsubasa was doing to her girlfriend.

And all Nozomi could do is giggle at the scene.

You know you have a girlfriend right?

I know that. You don't have to take what I'm doing seriously.

Well you know I could call her and tell her that you are flirting with me.

Ok ok... I'll back off now.

Good.

So Maki was able to finally make a good melody for the song. Tsubasa decided to get out and call Honoka. Little did Maki know it was really Honoka's plan to let Tsubasa tease her a bit so that she can come up with a good melody.

Meanwhile Kotori, Anju, and Nico are busy making the costumes. The costumes only have one design but were made in colors. They made sure everything is in order. And any minor details would be quickly fixed.

Umi, Eli, and Erena took care of the choreography. Everybody cooperated and there was no problem in the steps. Shooting the live performance was the most difficult one. Love Live organizers decided to chip in. They have both ground and arial cameras to film the entire video from all angles.

Everything is now in order. Last minute inspections were done so that nothing will be missed. As soon as everything is good to go. It was time for the big announcement. All of the school idol groups lined up in the streets. Waiting anxiously for what Honoka will say.

Everyone thank you all for coming here to help us prepare for our last live performance. A few weeks ago, all nine of us discussed on whether or not we should continue to be idols. Our senior members have already graduated and decided to stop.

Since there are six of us left in the group. We said to them in unison that once Love Live is over. "Muse" will be disbanding. So to make the long story short. We will no longer be continuing our activities as "Muse". Once we finish performing at the Akiba dome. We will be walking away from the limelight.

Almost all of the school idol school groups were dismayed. But the others understood their decision. They knew it was "Muse's" way of saying to them that their time is over. And it was their time to shine and be in the limelight.

Once this was settled everybody went home to rest. They know tomorrow is the big day. The first and last time they will be singing with A-RISE and "Muse".

Akihabara morning 8:00 am.

It's now the day of the final live performance of A-RISE and "Muse". Everything is in place. The music starts. Everybody is now singing "Sunny Day Song".

After the street performance. "Muse" has now a week left to rest. Eli, Nico, and Nozomi went on to check the colleges of their choice. Honoka, Kotori, and Umi concentrated on their Student Council duties and their studies as well. Hanayo, Maki, and Rin continue to study.

They hold their practice on the rooftop for one last time before the final performance at the Akiba dome. Honoka decides to go on a date with Tsubasa after practice.

So where do you want to go Honoka-chan?

Hmmm.... Let me see... I know... Why don't we go to Kyoto. I heard there are a lot of interesting places to go to there.

Alright.... To Kyoto it is then.

They decided to take a train ride to Kyoto. They went to the different tourist attractions and food shops there. However there was one shop there that caught their fancy. It was an Idol Shop.

They decided to check it out. But they were suddenly met by their fans as they entered. They gamely signed autographs and posed for pictures. Then they manage to check out the latest idol stuff. The shop manager couldn't hide his happiness and enthusiasm.

He was lucky enough to have two of the most popular school idols buy from his shop. After all the touring and shopping. They decided to eat in a restaurant. After that they went back to Tokyo. Tsubasa said to Honoka that it would be better if she stayed at her house. It was already late and there was no vehicles in the streets.

Honoka agreed to stay. She knew where this would lead to. And her hunch was spot on. She and Tsubasa decided to have sex again before calling it a night.