21. Plans

Minjoo is genuinely happy that she had clear some misunderstanding between her and Chaewon but she remembers that her parents aren't quite ecstatic knowing that her daughter isn't in the top two anymore

Minjoo is genuinely happy that she had clear some misunderstanding between her and Chaewon but she remembers that her parents aren't quite ecstatic knowing that her daughter isn't in the top two anymore. Truthfully, having to put up with their expectations burdens Minjoo. She just wants to be free and do what she wanted to do and not what she's told to do.

Clearing those thoughts away, Minjoo glances at the girl in front of her. Minjoo doesn't want to rush things knowing it is hard for Chaewon. Hanging out at the cafe in the middle of the night seems to be what she just needed, especially when she's with the one she adores. Minjoo can't help but to smile at the latter.

"What are you smiling at creep." Chaewon scowls as she devouring the a slice of cheesecake in front of her.

"You, you look beautiful. You're like a different person" Minjoo states, Chaewon recently dyes her hair out of the blue. The latter's hair is a lovely whisky, the color of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn. How such a tint could play with the light, like peering at the sun through a jar of pine honey.

"Shut up." There's a kind of blushing that shows the soul, a sort of compliment to the eyes and the delicate sweetness within. It shows a connection, that the smile and shyness come from some deep emotion and that's a beautiful thing, that's something real. Chaewon shows that behavior to Minjoo that moment which makes Minjoo giggles and pinches the latter's cheek.

Minjoo can't believe that the Chaewon right now in front of her is the same Chaewon who was a camgirl and accidentally sent her nudes.

"Why did you agree to hangout with me at midnight today? I assume you'd reject me since maybe you should keep your place at the top two with Wonyoung." Chaewon takes a bite of cheesecake one more time.

"Maybe that's not i wanted in the first place you know?" Minjoo says as Chaewon tells her to continue.

"I was so caught up trying to make my parents happy yet i forgot that the most important thing is to make you yourself happy." Minjoo then stirs her usual earl grey tea as Chaewon nods in agreement.

"Well at least you have parents to guide you, Minjoo." Chaewon states bitterly as she smiles.

Minjoo frowns, she feels sorry for Chaewon especially when she's the one causing pain to the latter. Although Chaewon have forgive Minjoo and keep telling Minjoo that it is fine, deep in Minjoo's heart, she just can't forgive herself. Suddenly Chaewon flicks Minjoo's forehead earning a groan from the latter.

"Forgive yourself, Minjoo." Minjoo is about to counter the latter and argue when apparently what Chaewon mutters, shocks her more.

"Forgive yourself, if you want to be my girlfriend." Chaewon would have a face of angel if her lips would ever break farther apart. The edge is pushed up, scrunching her one eye up, making the brown appear black. Her lips parted a centimeter, making it seductive to many especially the pastel-haired girl in front of her.

They decide to go outside and take a night stroll slash walk. It is quiet, comfortable and not awkward. Their hands keeping brushing with each other, Minjoo gain courage all over her body as she grabs and interlock her hands with Chaewon. The brown haired girl just smiles in return.

"Are you okay? Like i mean we have school in a few hours and you haven't sleep." Chaewon pouts as she faces Minjoo.

"Sacrificing my sleep for you is totally worth it."

They continue to walk around and discover new places together until the sun's awake and bird seems to be chirping. It's around six in the morning, both Chaewon and Minjoo arrives to their respective dorms.

Chaewon knocks the door as she is welcome by a small punch from Chaeyeon who open the door for her. Chaewon glares as she tells Eunbi to control her girlfriend yet Eunbi shrugs while drinking her daily sprite. Yena pushes Chaewon to the bathroom so she can immediately shower and prepare for school.

Meanwhile Minjoo enters her dorm with questions from her nosy friends. The girl tries her best to ignore them and immediately take a bath so she won't be late for the first period. After finish grooming herself, Wonyoung crashing in her room and asking her where she went the whole night. Minjoo then explains that she was hanging out with Chaewon the whole night as they stroll and enjoying the night.

Throughout the day, Minjoo keeps on thinking about what present to give for Chaewon's birthday tomorrow. She wants it to be perfect, but she actually don't know what to do. Minjoo pounders as she feel a tiny eraser thrown at the head making her groan and look at the culprit. Wonyoung, smiles as she whispers. "Pay attention to class, we don't want you to slide down off the top rank students."

The squad plans to distract Chaewon from finding out their plan to throw a surprise party for her so Chaeyeon decide to hang out with Chaewon so the rest can continue finishing the plan. They formulate a plan such as prepare mint-flavored cake, balloon and typical party decorations.

Minjoo ruffles her hair, lost in her own thought when someone nudges her. "Are you okay?" Eunbi seems to be worried at Minjoo's current state. The latter expound that she doesn't know what to give Chaewon. Yena, who seems to eavesdrop at the conversation, gives Minjoo an idea.

"You can give yourself." Yena winks as Minjoo smacks the duck away whereas the other laugh echoes to the whole room.

"Well she has a point. Chaewon would love that." Eunbi able to let out as she can't stop laughing. Minjoo sighs, asking them probably means more teasing although Minjoo lowkey agree that's a good idea.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀♡♡♡♡

More 2kim interaction uwu, stay tune for Chaewon's birthday party tomorrow!