Happy Ending

- Jisoo's POV -

I fell in love with you during middle school, it was hard to open up to you about me liking girls. I mean you are straight, but I didn't mind that at all.

I remember how you always said that you wanted a happy ending when you grew up, you always talked about marriage, kids, houses, etc. It was so adorable, I love that about you, you would always feel so motivated by it.

High school came by and it was hard for the both of us, you would hug me, kiss me on my cheek, do all these lovey dovey things, but they never meant anything more than just best friend moments for you, but not for me, it meant a whole other thing because I loved you so much.

As time we got to our 3rd year of high school, you would be dating boys while I would be watching from the sidelines just hurting and trying to get myself back together. I was surprised when you told me you had a girlfriend for a short period of time, but then I asked you if you had liked girls which gave me a little hope that I had a chance to be with you, but the response you gave me hurt me like always and you said "No, I don't like girls, I'm straight. That was a one time thing, I will never like girls like that." I was really hurt that time, but Jennie and Rosé knew my secret and they would both be there for me when I couldn't handle the pain any longer.

You always asked if I was okay and I would always reply with the same thing everytime "Don't worry, I'm Jisoo I'm okay. I'm always okay.."

The thing that made it more truthful was the fake smile I always gave you, you don't know how long I've been using this fake smile and yet you always fell for it no matter what. You would come to me for comfort because your boyfriends would get mad or break up with you. That's the only time I could actually hold you close, and feel as if you were mine that very moment. Even though I knew the real reason why I had to hold you, but I lied to myself to just comfort myself at the same time.

I always could recall the memories of you always excited when your crush would talk to you or how you always got when your crush would ask you out, that smile of yours was amazing, but the thing that really hurt me was that I wasn't the reason behind that big smile of yours. After all these years of comforting you through your break ups, fights, etc. You never noticed my feelings at all, but you are happy now.

- Back to the present -

I returned back to reality from remembering the memories of the past, I never confessed or even tried because I never got the chance to say it.

After all these years, right now at this very moment I look at the two people standing hand by hand in front of me and everyone else, it's you and your soon to be husband. I saw you both kiss as tears streamed down your face. That kiss meant you were finally entirely taken away from me. I stood there in my place still looking at you both, still smiling and clapping. As I was standing there with the same feelings still lingering in my heart ever after all these years, as the tears were streaming down my face I mumbled to myself trying to make it reach to your heart and I said.

Jisoo: "You finally got the happy ending you always wanted ever since middle school, Lisa. Sadly, I couldn't be the reason behind that happy ending you wished for.."

. . .

Surprising news?