06| Change

Mira POV

"Wake up!"

I groaned slightly as I fluttered my eyes open to see what it was.

I had been sleeping and my eyes were adjusting to the light.

I placed my hand on my forehead as I squinted to see my mother looking at me.

"What is it, mother?"

"I have to leave right now, unfortunately."

I sat up slowly,"Why?"

She gave a small nervous smile,"They want us at the border."

There was a silence between us before I spoke,"Where's dad?"

"He's gone there already."

I felt my fists clench as I gripped my blue blanket.

"Why is it always you guys to go?"

"What?"

I looked up at her with angry eyes,"Why is it only you guys that have to go?!"

She simply stood there shocked at my sudden outburst.

"I'm so sick and tired of this!" I screamed as I felt tears stream down my cheeks.

My mother simply stood there as she stared at me she opened her mouth to say something but instead, she simply turned around and began to walk away.

"I'll see you later, okay."

I watched as she closed the door to my room and I stood up at once wiping my tears.

I ran after her as I watched her fly out the door.

"Mother!" I yelled as I looked at her with desperate eyes.

"Why? Why do you two always do this?! Don't you see I don't like it."

She gave a small smile, "We have to protect the fairies," she said as she floated in the night sky.

I watched as she flew away slowly and I stood there with turbulent eyes. I hated this. I hated this so much.

I wandered back to bed before putting the cover over me. I looked up at the roof as I heard the sound of crickets come from the window. I was so tired of this. I felt a tear stream down my cheek and after a while, I felt the tears that had just left me come back to my eyes.

This was what had happened the last time.

They left and my brother followed. the next thing I knew I wouldn't be able to see him again, at least alive, that is.

I forced myself to stop thinking as I closed my eyes. Everything would be okay. Everything would be fine.

::

Gloxinia POV

I couldn't find her anywhere. I had looked everywhere.