10| Warmth

Mira POV

*Knock, Knock*

*Knock, Knock*

*Knock, Knock*

I groaned slightly as I rolled over.

The person at my treehouse door could just go away. There was no way I was going to leave my cozy bed for them.

*Knock, Knock*

I shoved my face into my pillow. I wanted to go back to sleep. I had slept way too late to be woken up this early. The sun wasn't even up yet.

Who in the world could be at my front door at this time?

*Knock, Knock*

"I'M COMING OKAY!"

I immediately forced myself to sit up. Had I really said that out loud?

I slowly got up from my bed as I shuffled my feet against the cold floor towards the front of my treehouse.

I took a deep breath out before straighten my back and preparing myself to open the door.

'Here goes nothing' I thought to myself.

There was a silence as I saw who it was.

...

...

I felt tears come to my eyes as they slowly ran down my cheeks.

"Mom? Dad?"

I was immediately hugged aggressively and I smiled. I couldn't control myself as I felt tears coming down my face. I was so happy. I was so incredibly happy.

It had been three weeks since I had seen them.

"I missed you...so much."

They simply held me tighter before disconnecting our hug and entering the treehouse.

"So how was it?" I asked.

My mom sighed heavily, "The humans are strange creatures."

I nodded agreeing whole heartedly.
Humans sucked.

I sat down in a chair as I listened to them tell me about there adventures. Overall, it seemed that the humans weren't the problem, the problem was how many of them were coming into the forest.

For now, the fairies had been able to keep them away.

I sighed yawning as they came to the end of thier tale and my father smiled.

"You should go to bed," he said.

I nodded before groggily getting up and wandering back to bed.

2 hours later...

I had woken up and I was in an apple orchard. I had decided in order to celebrate my parents coming home I would make a pie.  An apple pie.

The basket I was collecting apples in was rather small. That was because I had left my basket with Gloxinia two days ago.

I was too embarrassed to see him so there was no way I was going to get it back-

"Mira!"

I stiffened as I felt my face heat up.

There was no way. It couldn't be.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I turned  around there he was.

His long red hair was in braid and he was looking at me with a smirk, "What's up?" he said.

I looked at him thinking for a second before frowning, "Give me my basket, Gloxinia."

He laughed before pulling it from behind his back.

I reached out to grab it but he held it away from me.

"I came here to pick apples as well," he said.

I frowned and he smirked, "Excuse me," he said walking past me.

I watched him as I giggled and rolled my eyes.

It wasn't long before he turned around, "Why are you just standing there? Come talk to me."

I sighed as I caught up to him and walked beside him.

Our conversation went on for a while until both our baskets were filled and I found myself staring at Gloxinia.

He was looking up at the sky and he looked at me his eyes scanning me slowly.

"Why did you run away the other day?"

I stiffened.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said quick as a flash.

His eyes were calm as he looked at me scanning me over.

Why? Why was he doing that?
Why was he looking at me with those eyes?

"If you've forgotten I'm talking about when I tried to kiss you."

I looked at him as I felt my face heat up.

I was scared.

"You were scared?"

I stiffened. Had I said that out loud?

Suddenly I felt a water droplet hit my shoulder. Soon enough another and another and then two seconds later it was pouring rain.

Gloxinia immediately grabbed my hand as we ran through apple orchard trying to find a place to take cover.

I was holding our apples and I watched as many of them began to fall out of our baskets.

I frowned but then smiled when something else caught my attention. Gloxinia was holding my hand as we ran.

His hand was so warm.

After awhile we had made it to a small little cave and he sighed looking up at the sky.

I frowned as I squeezed some of the water out of my cloak and I counted the amount of apples we had.

"Fifteen," I said.

He looked at me.

"We spent almost three hours picking apples and all that's left is fifteen."

He smiled as he sat down across from me.

There was a silence.

"Why were you scared?" he asked.

All of a sudden my attitude changed from embarrassment to curiosity.

"Do you like me Gloxinia?" I asked.

He immediately stiffened, "Where did that come from?"

"Well, were going to be stuck in this cave together for who knows how long so we might as well talk about it."

He shook his head, "Look outside."

I did as he said and the rain was light now. He was right it looked like it would go away any minute.

I looked back at him to see he was right beside me.

...

"Mira," he said calmly.

"Hm?"

"I like you."

...
...
...

"I like you too."

He placed his hand on my cheek and I stiffened before relaxing.

He leaned in close to me, "Don't run away this time," he said.

And then it happened.

We kissed.

It was short and sweet and when our lips disconnected I felt calm.

The rain had stopped and I felt happy.

"Gloxinia," I said.

"Hm?"

"I'm happy."

He smiled, "Me too."

—-