16| Seeing Her

A/N: Because this is a short chapter I'll update again soon ❤️

—-

Gloxinia POV

Why did time move so slowly?

I was lying on the grass, staring up at sky as I watched the clouds drift in the wind.

My heart was calm and I was thinking deeply about my life and my position.

These days, I sensed immense danger, as if something huge was coming.

I usually ignored thoughts like this but this one kept reoccurring. I was being extremely cautious just in case.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of feet shuffling on the grass behind me.

I turned around slowly, "Who's there? Come out."

I immediately was pounced on by three little fairies as they looked up at me.

"Let's play tag!"

I frowned, "Not right now, okay?"

I watched as all the other little fairies who were hiding in the bushes came out.

"Come on," one of them said, "you haven't played tag with us since you became Fairy King. Are we not important to you anymore?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head, "No that's not it I-"

There was no point.

I forced a fake smile on my face, "I'll play tag with you guys."

I saw them rejoice as they forced me to stand up.

The reason I hadn't been playing tag had nothing to do with me being Fairy King. I was just sad and I decided to embrace the sadness.

In all honesty, I missed her.

::

The sun was setting and I was telling the little fairies to go home.

"Gloxinia!" they complained.

"Hurry up. I played tag with you for a long time. We can do this again some other time."

I watched as they frowned at me before slowly dispersing and walking away.

I frowned a bit before I felt the sadness I had forgotten for a second sink in.

I looked up at the sky to see it was almost night time. I decided I would just  walk through the forest in silence.

I looked at the orange sky as I felt myself relax. I sighed. I was so tired of this. How much longer would I feel this way? This feeling of despair.

Suddenly, I felt a presence.

I groaned, "Didn't I tell you guys to go home-"

I looked to my left and my eyes widened at what I saw.

...

...

"Mira?"

Blonde hair, blue eyes, she was staring at me.

He hair had grown long enough to reach her waist and her eyes although gleaming showed signs of discomfort upon seeing me.

It seemed she was as surprised as me, because she didn't say a word.

I felt tension rise in the air as we stared at each other.

She looked at me, then at the ground before she turned around and began walking away.

I immediately spoke, "Wait, Mira."

She turned around slowly.

"Your wings are pretty," she said with a sad smile.

I stiffened at the sudden compliment. I didn't know what to say but it was obvious seeing my wings made her feel some type of way.

"It's been a month," I said, "I don't want you to just walk away instead we should talk."

A smile appeared on her face but then vanished the next.

Her face was emotionless as she scanned me up and down.

"I've always admired your confidence," she mumbled.

I frowned. Something was wrong.

It was as if her whole personality had changed. She was so soft spoken. She wasn't the usual happy confident Mira.

She seemed weak.

I stared at her for a bit before speaking, "Do you wanna talk?"

She tilted her head at me before nodding.

"Follow me," I said.

—-