11| Cliff

A/N: 5K everyone 🔥 Anyway updating this was hard. What's wrong with wattpad? Ugh.

Mira POV

I was hanging upside down on a tree branch with my eyes closed.

I was so close. So very close.

I was working on controlling my magical energy, my weakest skill, and I was so close to seeing how well I had improved since the first one hundred days.

I had a lot of energy, I just needed to learn how to control the speed, the motions, and most importantly the accuracy. I was already at a point where I was farther than every other fairy. I saw no harm in widening the gap.

...

I smirked.

I was doing an exercise in which I would try to catch a creature with my eye closed. I would sense it, spot it and then catch it.

I had to be precise or I would miss it. I finally sensed a creature as it landed on a tree a bit far away from me. I smiled. I was surprised I could sense it from this far away. I was about to put my plan in to action when a sweet smell reached me. It was strong.

Ginger.

I smelled ginger. My eyes immediately snapped opened as I clenched my spear and pointed it at the fairy who had been lurking behind me.

*Clash*

My spear was met with a small knife held by a familiar fairy. I immediately sent the knife flying and smiled.

"Gloxinia, what are you doing here?"

He smiled at me before taking my hand, "Let's do something fun."

I frowned at him as I disconnected my hand from his, "I thought I told you, there's only 100 more days. I have to be serious."

He narrowed his eyes at me before thinking, "Come on, Mira," he said, "why don't you spend more time with the fairy you like?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Wait 100 days."

He gave me a look. No words, just a look. Suddenly, I felt as if I was being scolded.

He then slowly turned around and began walking away.

I stood there stunned before going back to training. I put myself in the same position. I hung myself upside down, closed my eyes and I took a deep breath trying to focus but I couldn't, I felt bad.

I cursed under my breath before opening my eyes. How was it that he was able to do that to me? He didn't even have to make a big deal. He didn't even have to say anything. He just had to give me a look, and it made me feel like I was the worst fairy ever.

I slowly released my magical energy. I had to find him. I began to fly up in the air trying to spot him.

Where was he?

He couldn't have gotten that far. Then off in the distance I saw something. A cliff, and also him.

I flew slowly as I looked at him for a while. He was sitting on the edge of a cliff with his eyes closed.

Was he ok?

His legs were crossed, his hands were folded and he was extremely quiet. I mean I knew he could fly but still, doing something like that was kinda weird.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open and he glared at me.

I stiffened.

He could sense me from all the way out here?