Chapter 4

I wait patiently for Henry outside school. He arrived shortly and he his catching his breathe. I assume he ran from his apartment and to the school. His curly hair is tied back in a messy ponytail and he wearing a khaki shorts and plain shirt. He waves at me.

"I see you brought food." Eyeing the bag I'm holding.

"Sure did. I said I'll only bring sodas but, what the hell."

"Alright then, let's get going."

From the very front of the school, we walked left then left again to a straight and narrow road. Apparently, it looks like you'll never get lost because you'll just have to follow the long road. Unlike the road that leads to my house, this road has trees everywhere and slenderman lives in there. It almost looks we are walking away from the city and into the woods. I do not dare imagine this street at night. My road may be dead quiet and eerie sometimes, at least it's not close to this.

"Henry, don't you get frightened at night? The road here is like a forest." I keep my eyes on the road just in case someone might jump from the trees. Silly thought of mine.

"Nah. Just getting used to it."

It is like we reached the end of the forest because few houses are showing up. Most of the houses here are apartments. We walk to this green-colored, four story apartment and we went up the stairs and to the door with number twenty five on it. Henry's room number. He fished his keys out of his pocket and opens the door. The moment he opened it, the first thing I see is his video game on top of the coffee table and a comfortable looking brown sofa. On to my left is Henry's little kitchen and closed door near his refrigerator. That must be his bathroom and the slightly open door on my right is his bedroom. His flat really fits him. I wonder how it feels living alone. It is amazing because you can basically do whatever you want and you get to eat at the sofa while watching television (which I think Henry is doing because he does not own a dining table). Although, it can be very lonely especially if you want someone you can talk with. Don't get me started when it comes to sleeping alone at night.............

Henry plumps at his sofa and motions me to sit with him. "I know you'll love this." He shows the cd to my face. "Zombies n' Dragons. The Medieval times and zombie apocalypse collides." He smiles from ear to ear. "The theme of this game is quite cliché, but it's better than nothin'. Do you mind?" I shook my head and he looked inside my bag. He got the lime soda and went to his kitchen.

I sit to his couch and looked at the cd case. Apparently, you get to choose if you're the wizard or the zombie. I see Henry chose the zombie so I have the wizard so in we're in completely different team. Henry got back with two glasses filled with my lime soda and ice. I got the potato chips I find in my bag and opened it. Since it's the first time I ever played this game, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just click various buttons and see what they do. Henry seems pretty impressed with what I'm doing because his clan of zombies is getting fewer and fewer but all I'm doing is experimenting the buttons.

"I know that you don't know what you're doing but you're really good for starters." Henry clicks the replay button.

"Thanks." I took a sip from my soda. "Don't you get lonely here?"

He just laughs it out. "Sure it can be pretty quiet in here but you get used to it."

I notice a picture frame hanging on the wall beside me. "You have a big brother and a small sister, I see. That's cool."

His eyes never left the screen. The game is asking me if my team wants me to continue while Henry character continues eating people, earning him many points. "Nah, big brother only. Our sister died because of sickness three years ago. My big brother is in Auckland now, studying."