Chapter 20

What if someone's got the hold of what I'm dreaming? This person controls everything? Those dreams that he or she lets me see to warn me of what is there to come. I can help but ponder on this thought. You see, ever since Althea appeared, learned that Deanna is leaving, and other bloody crap that life threw at me, my dreams started not making sense anymore. It's as if that someone with the power can see my life and now that the secret meanings behind those dreams are right in front of me, he or she simply walked away. It didn't even bother to let me dream about solutions or answers. I was left alone to deal with it. Now it lets me dream about me walking an endless road, me sitting down on a yellow sand and stare at the horizon or sometimes me staring at inky blackness behind my eyelids. All about me. Is it telling me that I should just sit down and relax?

"You must be thinking about something much better than this lesson. Maybe you would like to share it with us?" The computer student-teacher who I didn't get the name snapped my attention back to the cold classroom.

You wish. "I'm listening, sir. Just trying to understand it better." He sighed irritably but continued talking to the classroom about the lesson I had when I was still in high school.

He gave us homework before dismissing us. I took time to fix my bag since my next period is a two and a half hour lunch break. When I was heading out, the student-teacher called my attention. I rolled my eyes before turning to him. "Sir?"

"You seem like a really good kid." If we're not in the school, I might have laughed at him for calling me a kid. We are seriously like the same age.

"Can you get the quiz papers I left in the room next to the art gallery? Just hand them to me in room 106 before you go home."

"Will do, sir." I gave a nod and went walked away before he could ask or say anything else.

I went inside the cafeteria and looked for Henry and the others. I checked my watch and realized that he dismissed us fifteen minutes earlier. I decided to get his papers before I forget to do it. I trudged up the stairs and final reached the fourth floor. I caught my breath before passing the gallery. If I didn't stop and slowed down m breathing, I wouldn't have heard the tin sniffles inside the gallery. I instantly knew someone is crying. I poked my head in the gallery before entering. I followed the sound carefully not making a noise and there I see Deanna fixing easels and their stands and wiping wet paintbrushes. She wipes her eyes and nose once in while then started cleaning again. I don't want to startle her by calling her name suddenly in a quiet room. I cleared my throat lightly. She looked and instead of scowling at me or telling me to go away, she ran into my arms and sobbed. I embrace her tightly and whispered to just let it out. When she quieted down, I pulled my handkerchief out of my pocket and wiped her eyes.

She laughed at little. "It's okay. I don't want to get snots all over your hanky."

I smiled sadly. "I insist." She let me wipe her eyes. Forgetting that there might be cameras in the gallery, I kissed her forehead.

She pulled back to breathe. Deanna isn't smiling. "It was Corrie all along."

I groaned inwardly. "What did he do now?"

"He was the one who sent the letter to my French school. He requested to move my enrolment by January. Only Sir Roy knew the address to that school aside from my parents." Deanna gasped and looked at me. "Do you think Corrie is rummaging the principal's stuff that isn't allowed even to him? And that letter is supposed to have my parents' and my signature." She shook her head in disbelief.

For a cunning man like Corrie, I wouldn't doubt it. And maybe Corrie is one of those people who can copy other people's signature. "I think he did. Wait, how did you know he did it?"