Chapter 12

I brought the albums with me to school today. Althea must have seen these albums, but I want to show her again. I went to my locker and stacked them the albums underneath my paperworks. I want to be safe and secure because it is indeed old and it is tearing apart. Already checked my schedule and my period now is vacant so since I don't really have stuff to do, I decided to give it a try and I run to the library and went to the back where old school computers are humming with life. When I sat down, I realize this might be harder than I thought. Is this really going to work or is Corrie just shitting me? I gingerly removed Corrie's note and entered the website and carefully typed in the password.

San Diego State University Records

Why did Corrie even bother doing this for me? Maybe he knows that what I'm about to find out would destroy the relationship I have with Deanna now. I type in Deanna's first name and the whole name came out in the search box. Deanna Lorraine Damien. Such a beautiful name. Oh Deanna, what could possibly be this secret that Corrie is all hyped about? Thinking about it my really hurt my chest and my mind that I have to close my eyes for a second. I sit up straight and look around. There are few students milling around the library but no sign of Deanna or anyone that would care. I click the name and her records popped into my face. All her grades are here but below them say that everything is on hold. I click the messages tab and there is an email sent by her parents. I click them.

Dear Sir Leroy Sanders,

We, Denise and Loren Damien, formally request that the grades and other school records of our daughter, Deanna Lorraine Damien, will be on hold and carefully monitored because of the possibility of my daughter's French scholarship.

We, including our daughter, have been looking for a modeling agency in France so we decided to search for a university here as well. Our letter was already sent to the school and if approved, the university will be asking for our daughter's school records and check if she is can be transferred when the school year ends.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Kindly reply to this email if there are any concerns.

I run my hand through my hair. A modeling agency? How come Deanna never mentioned it to me? I mean, there's nothing to be embarrassed about it. She is beautiful. My chest literally hurts from reading this letter. The weird thing is, this letter is private and I don't give a bloody hell if I'm seeing it. Screw that. This is probably the reason why Corrie is all cocky and cool. He knows Deanna is leaving and I'm sure as hell he wouldn't be "nice" to me if she will be staying.

The bell rings which students like me who have vacant period already have a class to attend to. I close the school records and head to my Art and Literature class, hoping Deanna won't be there. I don't have the heart too see her yet. I find a seat in the middle of Art and Lit class and Henry is beside me. No Althea or Deanna in sight. While Mr. Dawson is busy writing in the chalkboard with his back on us, Henry passed me a small and crumpled paper.

Henry: You alright Drew?

Me: Honestly, no. I'll talk to u soon about, k? Now stop passing notes! Mr. Dawson might catch us.

Henry read and shook his head at me. I do not remove my eyes on the chalkboard. Ugh. Deanna is ailing me and she has no idea. Can I somehow convince Deanna to stay here? Wait, this is Deanna's future we're talking about. But why not tell me? There is nothing I can do so I must deal with it. She's not even my girlfriend and yet it will crush me to bits when leaves. I thought I had it. I don't even think she knows that I like her.

I move to my next class and this time, Deanna is present. She's seated a little far to the right and she's moving her head trying to get my attention. I pretend I don't see her in my peripheral and stare out the window instead. It is very hard doing it the entire class especially when at some point, I have to break my stare and look at the teacher. Nothing is more embarrassing than your teacher calling your attention for not paying attention and having your drama moment while starring out the window.