Epilogue

"That wasn't so bad was it?" Deanna laughed.

"That was one of the most stressful things I've done."

Deanna and I laugh together. We are now walking towards the park from her house. I, of course, fulfilled my promise by going to her home and talking to her parents. I wore black just in case I sweat (which I did) since I do not know what to expect. I was greeted my Mr. Damien and he is very kind but you would still feel a little jittery since his daughter is bringing a boy and I had a feeling that he doesn't approve it. But he smiled and welcomed me home. We ate lunch together and Mrs. Damien cooks so swell like mum. I helped myself with her homemade meatballs and garlic bread and Mr. Damien's homemade iced tea.

I first told them a short background of myself as if I was in an interview. Then we proceeded to what happened in the park up until that evening when I fought like crazy. Deanna told them about her story when she saved me and my family. Her parents are speechless and I was nervous about that. Finally, her dad spoke up and said something I didn't expect at all.

"Wow, as much as I wanted to be at my daughter, I am astonished. I know Deanna very well and she is not stupid enough to risk her life rescuing someone else's life that is not important to her." The parents eyed me. Deanna is suppressing a smile.

"Mr. and Mrs. Damien, you have no idea how grateful I am for you daughter." I finally composed my mind. "Without her, I'm probably dead right now and I can't imagine what'll happen to my family. Thank you very much." I look at Deanna. I don't know where I got the courage, but- "And I absolutely love your daughter. And you might be thinking that I am loving your daughter because I owe my life, but because she is the most beautiful and selfless person I know. She never got tired of listening to me. Deanna is just.....amazing." I swear I saw her blush.

Mrs. Damien sighed and smiled a little. "I can see that you love her as much as she does." I look at Deanna. She is eating but smiling. "I also wanted to be mad, but even if we did know her plan, nothing will stop her." She drinks her iced tea. "I'm sorry, Andrew. I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this kind of tragedy." Mr. Damien nods.

"It's alright. I'm glad everything is fine." I look down at my food. As if on cue, Mrs. Damien asks me, "Drew, are you aware that Deanna, we as a family rather, are moving to Europe?"

I feel Deanna freeze beside me. Yes, I learned it the hard way. "Yes, I am aware and we are going to make it work."

"It's ours to discuss, mom." Deanna interrupted.

"I suppose." Her mom said.

We continued our meal and talked about other things in school and other stuff. They all told me about the whole exchange program in Europe and what they are planning to do. I appreciate that they are letting me know this kind of things. It only means they trust me and they (hopefully) do not stop me or Deanna having a deeper relationship.

We are going to make this work.

"Are you still sad about me leaving?" We reached the park that holds many memories. Both good and bad.

"No, actually." I smile at her. She frowned. "You see, mum is planning to move back in England after this school year."

She lightened up. "Does that mean..."

"Yes. I'm only a train away. Mum is pretty positive with the idea. America is great, don't get me wrong. It's just the turn of events, you know?" I stare straight ahead.

"I completely understand." I look at her and she's beaming. "I can't believe it. It's like you're coming with me in Europe."

"Not even fate wants us apart."

We laugh and I grab her back and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and stay like that for a long time. Not the last time.

There is more to come.

. . . . . .

It's five in the afternoon and I only walk. I put my hands on the pocket of my jacket and put on my hood. I need air to clear my mind, compose my thoughts, and prepare myself.

I'm visiting my aunt in the hospital.

I'm not afraid.

I'm looking forward to it.

Fresh start.