Chapter 19

"No questions first, alright? I'll tell everything then you ask." She nods.

I made myself comfortable in my bed before I speak. "My curiosity got the best if me so I asked Deanna for Corrie's full name and searched him on Facebook. His photos have three albums and second and the third is full of his family photos. Dean, Ana, Dean's brother, and mum was there. I checked it out and with that said, this is my theory:"

"Mum? And what's in the first album?" Althea could not contain herself.

I ignore her. "Corrie is related to Dean. Why, you might ask. Corrie is the son of Dean's brother which makes Dean his uncle. There are pictures that proved he's Corrie's father like birthday banners and him wearing a t-shirt that says Greatest Dad of all Time #1. Dean and his brother almost look the same, but they're not twins. That is the content of the first album: picture of Corrie's dad and mum, Dean and his brother, Ana and Dean, and more of young Corrie."

"They did not tell me about this." Althea said quietly.

"No pictures or anything?"

"Nope. What's the name of Dean's brother?"

"Huh, I didn't really see his name. That's what I thought. The crazy part is the second album. It seem like Dean's brother was separated with the mother because mum's face starts appearing, with Dean's brother. Apparently they were a couple and judging by Corrie's pictures, he looks happy. Even Dean and Ana look jolly. Unfortunately, that is where it all ends. Corrie never posted any pictures of his family, only him and his friends."

Althea's mouth went slack. I nod solemnly. "I- I don't know what to say anymore." She said. "So mum really did something before. But what? We can't just march right in front of her and ask. Or maybe we can."

"Are you insane?" My voice almost rising. Althea hushed me. "Did you forget that she still doesn't know who stole you?"

"Maybe we can get mum to tell without telling her about Ana."

"I don't know. If we tell her about Corrie, maybe she'll open up about something."

Althea snapped her fingers. "Then that's we're going to do! She won't suspect a thing. We met Corrie in school, right? Let's leave the Corrie-is-spying-on-me subject. Let us just say that Corrie is our friend and you friended him on Facebook and saw his photos. You show the pictures and we got curious and told her."

I shake my head smiling. "Brilliant."

She smiled. It faltered right away. "Yeah. We don't know what mum did, but we still love her very much." I nod. She lay down on my bed and rubbed her face. "When are going to do it?" She asked.

"Next week. Right now we need the do the 'project'."

She sat up. "Drew, did mum told you something about her past that you want to tell me?"

"She did mention Ana."

She hit me in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I rub my arm. "Ow! Relax, geez. I will tell you while we do the project."

"Do it." She commands. "And show me Corrie's pictures while you're at it."

. . . . . .

Earlier at the cafeteria today, I saw Deanna together with the guy again. Deanna's table is crowded with her friends so when she and the guy talks, their faces are so close to each other. I sat beside Henry on our table and observed the guy. Has he been crying? His nose is red and so are his eyes. He looks like he cried the entire day. His shoulder length brown hair made look like a free spirited surfer, and a surfer always looks good. Is he an ex-boyfriend of Deanna who's been trying to get her back? Was he crying because he found out Deanna's hanging out with me? Then why he isn't he giving me dirty looks during class or every time I see him in the hallways? He just looks down as if the world around doesn't exist. I almost asked Henry for his name. Just then Deanna put her arm him and pat his shoulder.