Chapter 22

The doctor went inside the E.R. once again to check on Corrie. Mum and I silently sat together while Deanna went to buy coffee. I know mum is screaming a lot of questions in her mind. I think I can't answer her questions at my state right now. I am shivering not because it's cold, but because I have no idea what will happen next. Corrie can do an anomaly and he will do it with no remorse. Will Corrie go berserk if he sees mum? Will Corrie not go berserk but will tell mum everything that had happened about her sister and Dean? Will Corrie attack us? Will he even wake up? Nothing stops him if he really wants to do it. What I can assure myself is that whatever Corrie will do, I will not wait for tomorrow and will save Althea now. I freaking pray that Corrie will wake up so he can tell me the address to Ana's house because I have no time making up a reason to tell Sir Roy and convince him to give me Al's address. This week must not end without me getting Althea back.

My thoughts were cut short when Deanna arrived with a bag of steaming coffee and another bag full of chocolate filled bagels. Mum thanked Deanna and got her share. I am stressed and hungry so I thanked Deanna for buying two bagels for me. I was chewing my last piece of bagel when the doctor when out holding a white plastic bag.

Mum dusted the crumbs from her skirt and we stood up. The doctor looked pleased. "Fortunately, Corrie survived the surgery and will be transferred to another room where he'll be staying until he's fully healed. A nurse will be assisting you to his room later on if it's ready." He handed me the bag. "This Corrie's clothes and things we found on the pocket of his pants. I thought I might as well give it you because there are valuables there." I looked at the bag gingerly. Heaven knows what I might find in there. The doctor excused himself and left.

I carefully opened the bag. Mum and Deanna looks over my shoulder curiously but says nothing. His clothes are wrapped in an individual bag and so are his shoes. I check out his other things one by one: A pen, guitar pick, a butter knife, Iphone, and his wallet. Did Corrie try to fight someone with a butter knife? This knife was probably covered with blood and the doctor washed it off. I shivered and checked his phone. I immediately thought the phone would be useless because it's locked and I am right, so I got his wallet instead. I should feel bad for snooping Corrie's things but I thought, Corrie wouldn't go to the park without a reason. There must something he will say or give to me that will help me save Althea. I look at every pocket of his wallet to find something, I don't know, a paper? Corrie only has his ATM card and a picture of a man with caramel colored hair and emerald eyes. This must be his dad, Eden. I look at mum and as if she knew what my question is, she nods sadly. Corrie must have really loved his father and I suddenly understand his sadness and his desire to hurt whoever is responsible for his father's death. But I know it couldn't be my own mother. She loved Eden and there is no valid reason why she would hurt him. But did Dean, his own brother, love or despised him? Then I find a yellow paper stuck between his paper bills. My head got dizzy with excitement for a second and my heart thrummed when I saw my name on the paper. Drew. I suppose this is a letter from Dean or Ana, or maybe Corrie's apology for almost hitting me a car. I quite thinking and just opened the crinkled letter.

It's an address.

I was looking at it when I noticed that Deanna is looking at the paper and she looks perplexed. "Is this the address to the shelter?" I ask even though she probably doesn't know what I'm talking about. Sir Roy only told me about Corrie living in a shelter. But know I couldn't care less.

"What shelter are we talking about?" She asks.

"Never mind that." I hold her hand. "Do you recognize this address?"

She nods. "Not really. Is that Corrie's address?"

"What?" I was about to say I'm not sure when mum got hold of the paper and looked at it. "Your name is written on it. Corrie will probably give it to you but didn't get the chance." Mum said. That is exactly what I was thinking. Why will Corrie give us address? Is something happening to Althea and he is feeling for sorry for us? Or maybe he learned something about Dean and he turned against him.